Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVD/HVD Detecting on MPC5777C

Jump to solution
berat24
Contributor III

Hello everyone, 

I would like to ask a question. 

I want to generate an interrupt if LVD or HVD is detected while my application is running. However, I am confused a litlle bit. I would like to learn whether I should change SELF_TEST_UM_VD_REG[ST_MODE] field for checking LVD and HVD or not.

As far as I understand, My hardware always checks the core voltages and if I set necessary bits in  PMC_LVD_HVD_INTR_ENB register it can generate an interrupt. Therefore, I believe that I do not have to change ST_MODE field. 

Could you give me feedback?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SELF_TEST_UM_VD_REG[ST_MODE] field setting triggers self-test. It is not supposed to be set for normal LVD/HVD functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SELF_TEST_UM_VD_REG[ST_MODE] field setting triggers self-test. It is not supposed to be set for normal LVD/HVD functionality.

0 Kudos
berat24
Contributor III

Thank you for your response @davidtosenovjan 

I would like to ask last question.

What is the difference  LVD_CORE_HOT and  LVD_CORE_COLD. Also what is the HVD_HV and LVD_HV?

Sincerely.

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hot/Cold - There are two LVD trigger points in the device, one at the hot point deep inside the die and other cold point is near the pad. Each is trimmed separately. The reason of the two LVDs is the IR drop in the design (to have LVDs at two ends of the die).

HVD = high voltage detector, triggers when voltage is above specified level

LVD = low voltage detector, triggers when voltage is below specified level