cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive instrument cluster using MPC5606S

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Hi All,
We are developing an automotive instrument cluster using MPC5606S controller. We need some clarification regarding the same.

1. Which is the Operating system used in this controller?
2. From where we can download the latest SDK for the same?
3. How to compile the source code? Any IDE is available?
4. We are going to include a 7" TFT display. How we can load the UI templates from MPC. Any UI framework (like qt,guix..etc) can be used here?

Tags (1)
35 Replies

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Do you have any other qt applications that we can use in mpc5645s?  If so can you please share an example and tutorial?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately I'm not aware of such application.

0 Kudos

abhiram_d
Contributor I

Hi Lukas

The main intention is to run different tasks simultaneously. None of the example codes in MPC5 example codes demonstrate use of FreeRTOS. Most of them are based on S32DS and not CodeWarrior. Please share examples of  FreeRTOS ported for PowerPC if available. Can you please suggest on how we can run multiple tasks parallely ?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I'm not aware of FreeRTOS port for MPC56xx devices. There's porting guide on freertos.org:

FreeRTOS Porting Guide 

I think that you can start with ports for MPC57xx devices which are available in S32DS. MPC57xx are quite similar and it doesn't matter that it's for S32DS IDE. The basic FreeRTOS files are still the same (you can compare it with package from freertos.org) and only the architecture specific files are updated.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

We were trying to integrate and build the MPC5645S-DEMO-V2 code in Codewarrior IDE using the .mcp file. we are facing some blockers.

1. We have tried to open the .mcp with codewarrior 11.1 special edition and which is not working

2. Tried with 2.10 special and evaluation edition but having compilation errors as some of the header files are cannot be opened. Those files are showing in IDE file directory but even we were not able to find it manually also. Please see the attched screenshot for the details. We have found that folder which includes these files are mentioned in access path.
So whether this issue is due to the IDE License?

mpc5645.png

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

... and I can see that the project was created in version 2.6, so it's not compatible with eclipse version 11.x.

0 Kudos

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

1. We have successfully compiled the demo code and tried to flash the same in MPC5645S-DEMO-V2 EVK.  We are getting an out of memory error while flashing. Please suggest an alternative.

outofmemory.PNG

2. Do we have any method to get the debugg logs via uart or any other means?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

And the answer to your second question is no.

0 Kudos

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

1. We have used the exact code shared by you [CW_MPC5645S_Demo.zip] and added the access path from the libraries [MPC56xxSLibsV2_0R46.zip].

2. Debug logs means debug prints. We didn't get any processor expert for MPC5645S series.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There's newer fixed pcp flash algorithm file. However, I can see that it requires new version of flash programmer. I need to check if it is possible to update it in the CodeWarrior. I need to check this with another team. I'm afraid it will take a couple of days due to summer vacations.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you try this patch?

http://www.pemicro.com/fixedlinks/CW210_patch_Qorivva_b200624.zip 

Follow instructions in readme file.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

1.We have tried to port the MPC56xxSLibsV2_0R46.zip lab tutorials(tried for LAB 0 tutorial) for MPC5645S in CW by making a new project for the same and integrated the remaining files.But showing out of memory error even though we have compiled successfully. The template for MPC56065S is not compiling successfully.Could you please share a template for MPC5645S project which having graphics libraries ?

2. We got a OVG_PPC_demo.zip code and  successfully displayed a TIGER.bmp image on screen. We were able to check the image library generation using the freescale image encoder tool shared by you and generated .c, .h files for a sample image This is the only working code for MPC5645S we have which doesn't seem to be using Image Encoder tool to generate image(tiger image displayed on screen) library files. We have tried to integrated the MPC56xxSLibsV2_0R46.zip lab tutorials in this project and changed the memory allocations in lcf files ,still no progress.Any idea ?

3. Does the CW 2.10 trial version is having size limit for compilation and flashing? sometimes we are getting error like "demonstration version : too many lines in source code"  is showing. 

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. Unfortunately I do not have such example.

2.  I will try to ask around if anybody could help, not sure what the problem is.

3. Free version is limited to 128KB:

pastedImage_2.png

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/950-00437.pdf 

Regards

Lukas

0 Kudos

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the reply.

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm checking what could be the root cause. I will let you know later.

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sreedevi,

could you share the modified project:? I should have the board here next week, so I can check it on my side.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

try to use absolute paths like this, it should work:

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sreedevi,

we provide package of graphic libraries and tools - attached.

No OS is needed. If it is needed, you can select OS per your needs (like FreeRTOS...).

SDK is not available for this device.

Some examples (in addition to the mentioned package) can be found here:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329623#MPC5606S 

CodeWarrior 2.10 was used:

CodeWarrior® Dev Tools for MPC55xx/MPC56xx | NXP 

Newer S32 Design Studio IDE can be used as well (free of charge):

S32 Design Studio IDE for Power Architecture based MCUs | NXP 

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

sreedevi_mohan
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the reply.

Due to some dependencies we have changed the controller to MPC5645S. So the same mentioned will be available or can be used for MPC5645S controller also ? like Graphics library, OS, code warrior and s32 design studio ? 

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, that's correct.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos