IMXRT1050 Second Stage Bootloader Exit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1050 Second Stage Bootloader Exit

rantonetti
Contributor I

I'm developing a second stage bootloader and trying to understand the process require to terminate the bootloader and kickoff my application.  I see several references that talk about using the secure provisioning tool and maybe after I understand the process I'll go that way but for now I have an application in OCRAM while my boot loader is running in SDRAM for the IMXRT1050EVK.  Where can I find an example of how to transfer control between the two?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rantonetti ,

Your secondary bootloader in the SDRAM, but loaded in the external flash, right?

Your real app is running the in the ocram.

To your secondary bootloader, which in fact is one special app which is not the XIP, you can generate the sdram secondary bootloader image, then use the tool, eg, MCUBootutility, SEC tool to download to your external flash, also need to add the DCD, you can refer to my post, just the target downloaded is the flash not the sd card:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1050-SDRAM-app-code-boot-from-SDcard-burn-with...

Then, to your ocram app, you need to generate the app.bin file, and use your secondary bootloader provided download method to download the app. eg, it is support the ISP, then you just need to use the ISP method to download. Just determined by your secondary bootloader ota method.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

rantonetti
Contributor I

Thanks for the help I found a reference that illustrated what I needed to do.  My secondary boot loader will be in NOR Flash not SDRAM.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rantonetti ,

You are always welcome!

So, you can refer to the reference, normally the secondary bootloader is for the flash, not the SDRAM, SDRAM just used to put the data.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please help me to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thanks.

Any new issues, welcome to create the new question post.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos