cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-MCXA153 Suddenly started reporting an error on debug attempt

Smith111
Contributor I

Hello Dear users!

I've recently acquired a FRDM-MCXA153- development board for familiarizing myself with NXP MCUs. I was very successful starting with various examples like blinky and hello world. I was playing around modifying the blinky example to make various effects with LED. At one point in the process, the board suddenly reported an error: 

Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.
Error: Wire Ack Fault - target connected?

After that moment, i couldn't do anything with the board, it simply didn't load the program in. 

I've tried all different remedies to fix the issue following various forum threads e.g. cleaning up debug, mass erasing memory, installing IDE on different machine and reinstalling drivers, it always displays the same error with same pop up windows when trying to connect to MCU (see attachments). 

As a side note, i also have FRDM-MCXN947 board that appears to work just fine. It accepts all the programs in and reports no errors whatsoever, which implies that problem is supposedly not in IDE.

Can the FRDM-MCXA153- get damaged in the process somehow or is it just some firmware bug? I didn't connect any external components to it, only used built in LED's. 

I've spent quite some time on finding a fault on that board already, i would really appreciate all the help on that topic!

IDE used: MCUXpresso IDE v11.10.0 [Build 3148] [2024-07-03]

Kind regards---

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Smith111 

Please enter ISP mode by pressing ISP button when reset/power-on your board.

Then using blhost or Secure Provisioning Tool connect. If your chip works well on ISP mode, then use another external debugger to test.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos