cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool build resets make config

arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have posted the query here https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/vscode-for-mcux/issues/49

When building with new plugin and built via tool, it resets the cmake config to debug. I also noticed that adding custom buildPresets also doesn't because of this.

Note: I have also observed that after adding custom buildPresets, mcux_include.json just increases in size with many duplicate entries.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies

arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

Any updates on this issue? This issue is blocking our ability to use latest vscode plugin.

0 Kudos

arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

Also note that along with this, when we do mcuxpresso->projects->build, the tool appends additional duplicate entries into mcux_include.json and this will happen each time the tool is invoked. See attached file.

0 Kudos

DragosMiloiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @arunkumar_g,

The duplication issue should be fixed the next release which will be available soon.

Thanks,

Dragos.

0 Kudos

arunkumar_g
Contributor IV
0 Kudos

DragosMiloiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
We reproduced and fixed the "toolchain file resetting" issue. This and the fix for duplicate entries should address the entire issue.

Thanks,
Dragos
0 Kudos

arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

Thanks,

That made some progress. But the tool still fails to build with an additional build step. This is the error I see "Error: Could not find configuration: "[debug, evk-config]" in cmake presets configurations" - Please see attached file.

Also when I edit the toolchain in "evk-debug", the tool always resets it to default one ($env{SdkRootDirPath}/tools/cmake_toolchain_files/armgcc.cmake)

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @arunkumar_g,

Could you please be more specific describing what you are trying to achieve by modifying the toolchain? What additional build step are you doing?

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

arunkumar_g
Contributor IV
Our toolchain file wraps the default one, but adds some parameter and flag for compilation.
In case of build configs, as you can see from the attached preset file, I have added a new build config. This is a simplified version showing the problem.
0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @arunkumar_g,

This happens because the "debug" build is still selected as the default build configuration. Please select "hyperram_debug" as the default configuration under "MCUXpresso for VS Code" > Projects > Build Configurations:

EdwinHz_0-1723675705670.png

Once selected as the default, building the project will not change the build configuration back to debug.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos