USB device RNDIS on iMX RT1176

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB device RNDIS on iMX RT1176

zachyu
Contributor I

I want to find some SDKs which demonstrates how to setup USB device RNDIS using lwip and FreeRTOS on  iMX RT1176. The data throughput between iMX RT1176 and PC can reach 16MB per second. It seems that the latest MCUXpresso dose not include such example.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please take a look to the MCUXpresso SDK USB RNDIS & LWIP User Guide and the lwip_dhcp_usb SDK demo?

I believe this might help you with your query.

Best regards, Daniel.

0 Kudos

zachyu
Contributor I

Dear Daniel,

The MCUXpresso SDK USB RNDIS & LWIP User Guide and the lwip_dhcp_usb SDK demo is based on USB Host RNDIS. I studied the source file of usb_ethernetif_freertos.c. There are two threads that handle usb event and data communication. The interface and callback functions tightly dependent on usb host core and class functions. I think the task migrating usb host RNDIS to device RNDIS is very complex for me. On the other hand, The MCUXpresso SDK usb_device_cdc_vnic demo is useful reference. I plan to add LWIP tcp/ip stacks to usb vnic. Do you think this is an easier option?

After all, I hope The MCUXpresso SDK provide USB device RNDIS&LWIP.

0 Kudos

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, I´m not able to tell you a "best" way to achieve this since we don’t have a guide or tutorial on how to do this.

I´m sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Best regards, Daniel.

0 Kudos

zachyu
Contributor I

Finally I succeed to realize USB device RNDIS function based on the demo of usb_device_cdc_vnic. The data throughput about 120Mbps is obtained. I think the throughput may be optimized at some extend. 

0 Kudos

mbora
Contributor III

Hi! I'm glad that you managed to make it work. Could you leave some tips on your "journey" to making it work? I myself now struggle to do it, so I would be very grateful. Thanks!

0 Kudos