cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1788 sdk

VahidAjalluian
Contributor I

Hello dear developers.

First question, where can I find mcuXpresso LPC1788 SDK?

Second question. I have made a project with mcuxpresso for lpc1788 chip, File->new->new C/C++ project-> select lpc1788 from preinstalled mcus->add CMSIS from mcuXpresso ide lagacy folder. 

Then after generation, when I press the "Open MCUXPRESO Configuration" button, it nags that the project is not based on the mcuXpresso SDK. Why is it the like while it says the chip is preinstalled?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VahidAjalluian

MCUXPresso SDK doesn't support LPC1788. This device is supported by LPCOpen open.

You can find the lpcopen package in this folder

{MCUXpressoIDE install folder}\ide\plugins\com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.wizards_11.3.0.202011101541\Examples\LPCOpen

You need to select CMSIS lib during create a CMSIS project.

{MCUXpressoIDE install folder} \ide\plugins\com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.wizards_11.3.0.202011101541\Examples\CMSIS_DSPLIB

ZhangJennie_0-1639734882605.png

Please try on your side. If still can't pass build, please record a video to us thus I can look into the problem directly.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

VahidAjalluian
Contributor I

@ZhangJennie I have no problem with the building, but I want to be able to select the IO graphically, which it doesn't support. I am totally disappointed about NXP.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vahid

MCUXpresso Configuration Tool supports newer devices. They are listed in the "supported devices" as below:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-c...

LPC1788 is not on the list. and Configuration tool can't support it. We recommend user referring LPCOpen demo code to configure the pins.

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos