cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update MCUXpresso SDK in IAR

Jump to solution
seandema
Contributor IV

I have a project I started a while back that I created using the MCUXpresso SDK generator. I haven't touched the project in many months and figured I'd update everything to the latest SDK and Config Tools. I re-gernerated the SDK and downloaded the .zip file. But now I can't remember what to do with the contents of the .zip file. How do I take the SDK stuff contained in the .zip file and update my IAR based project? Just not sure how to map the SDK files/directories to what is already in my project.

Thanks,

Sean

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sean,

- About create a new proejct based on MCUXpresso SDK,  please use  MCUXpresso Config Tools , you can download from MCUXpresso Config Tools|Software Development for NXP Microcontrollers (MCUs)|NXP , after install , use the Project Cloner option : File->New->Clone SDK example and create a new configuration :

pastedImage_2.png

About the detail you can have a look at "MCUXpressoConfigTools_User_Manual.pdf" ->2.2.1.1 Project Cloner (I attached it for you .)

- In fact,  I think you can also directly open a SDK example based on IAR , then add your own code into it.

There is Getting Start under SDK package, it shows how to Run a demo application using IAR or other toolchains.

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sean Dowell ,

It seems there isn't a directly to uptate SDK.

You can create new project based on new SDK, then copy application code into it .

Or you can consider the MCUXpresso IDE, it can refresh SDK :

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
seandema
Contributor IV

Thanks for the info. I'll give creating a new project and copying a try.

It's been a while since I created a new project from an MCUXpresso SDK download. Is the Kinetis SDK Project Generator Tool still the way to do that? https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp I think that is what I used when I initially created my IAR project.

I see MCUXpresso SDK Builder supports GCC ARM Embedded, IAR, and Keil MDK. Is there any documentation/guidance on what to do after downloading an SDK build if you're targeting those tools?

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sean,

- About create a new proejct based on MCUXpresso SDK,  please use  MCUXpresso Config Tools , you can download from MCUXpresso Config Tools|Software Development for NXP Microcontrollers (MCUs)|NXP , after install , use the Project Cloner option : File->New->Clone SDK example and create a new configuration :

pastedImage_2.png

About the detail you can have a look at "MCUXpressoConfigTools_User_Manual.pdf" ->2.2.1.1 Project Cloner (I attached it for you .)

- In fact,  I think you can also directly open a SDK example based on IAR , then add your own code into it.

There is Getting Start under SDK package, it shows how to Run a demo application using IAR or other toolchains.

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

seandema
Contributor IV

Thanks! I think doing that will work.

0 Kudos