Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K66F - Headset Microphone not Working with SAI Demo

Jump to solution
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using FRDM-K66F with MCU Xpresso IDE V10.1.0. I created SDK 2.3 from online tool for MCU Xpresso and using the programs.

When I used SAI Demo App, I could hear the sound of sine wave (250 Hz.) in right and left earphones of the headset. But, I could not record my voice or any other sound through Microphone in the headset. In the jumper settings of J35 and J36, I used both the options (1-2 and 2-3) for the given headset. Still the board is not picking signals from Microphone. 

Headset that I used is the one, which I use for Sony Xperia X phone.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahendran Manoharan 

Sorry for the late reply. Sai Demo example provided in the SDK package was designed to work with headphones connected to onboard Jack (J28) and a line-in-line in onboard Jack (J29), where you have to play audio (for example, from a PC or an audio device), so it doesn't demonstrate the MIC functionality. If you want to implement the MIC functionality, you have to change the example to reconfigure the onboard codec.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Jorge Alcala

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahendran Manoharan 

Sorry for the late reply. Sai Demo example provided in the SDK package was designed to work with headphones connected to onboard Jack (J28) and a line-in-line in onboard Jack (J29), where you have to play audio (for example, from a PC or an audio device), so it doesn't demonstrate the MIC functionality. If you want to implement the MIC functionality, you have to change the example to reconfigure the onboard codec.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Jorge Alcala

mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your reply. I followed your instruction and added the following line of code to configure DA7212 in the configuration section.

DA7212_ChangeInput(&codecHandle, kDA7212_Input_MIC2);

After this MIC functionality started to work from J28.

Thanks very much for your input.

0 Kudos