您的意思是: 
已解决

Development roadmap

跳至解决方案
929 次查看
superaga
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

I'm started to develop on the LPC112x and I realized that the MCUXpresso SDK  is not available for this chip.

Browsing in the supported devices I saw that there is quite fragmentation across all the families.

Once you are familiar to use that SDK/libraries for your device it is quite frustrating to move to the other SDK/libraries when you change the device (even within the same family! - i.e. LPC).

Is there the idea to converge to the same SDK (at least for the same family) in the future?

I think that would be beneficial to have just one SDK for "all" the devices. It would be more solid and the community could contribute to add/fix functionalities.

I know that the current situation across many (maybe all) silicon manufacturer is quite the same (due also to acquisitions) and I'm sure is something that would require a not negligible effort, but would really add a valuable value to your brand and a great support all the users.

Am I wrong on this topic or someone else share the same thought?

Is there a reason why some chips are not supported by the same family SDK? Apparently they share the same peripheral (as hardware implementation).

Kind regards.

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
911 次查看
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LPC1125 was launched 7 years ago.

But the situation is the same for all LPC1xxx family, which is supported by LPCOpen only, MCUXPresso SDK doesn't support it.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数
917 次查看
superaga
Contributor III

Hi @ZhangJennie ,

My mistake, I was meaning the LPC1125., Sorry.

Can you reply again regarding these cases?

Many thanks!

0 项奖励
回复
912 次查看
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LPC1125 was launched 7 years ago.

But the situation is the same for all LPC1xxx family, which is supported by LPCOpen only, MCUXPresso SDK doesn't support it.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 项奖励
回复
899 次查看
superaga
Contributor III

Hi @ZhangJennie 

I understood, many thanks for the clarification.

I assume then that all the new devices will be supported by the MCUXpresso SDK.

Kind regards

0 项奖励
回复
921 次查看
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI 

LPC1112 was launched 10 years ago.

It is supported by LPCOpen but not MCUXpresso SDK:

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpcopen-libraries-and-examples/lpcop...

There is no plan to have MCUXpresso SDK supporting it in near future.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 项奖励
回复