Cannot activate crystal on MKL17Z256VFT4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate crystal on MKL17Z256VFT4

alex10
Contributor I

I'm trying to test out my 24 MHz crystal oscillator on an MKL17Z256VFT4, but it doesn't seem to come on. I used the clocks perspective and updated the code, so that all looks correct (see attached image). I then went to the pins perspective, enabled both pins, and set them as the clock input and output (see attached image). Don't see anything fishy in my main function either (see attached image).

Further, I tried to have an LED toggle (on PTD7) while running through the main infinite while loop and that doesn't work either. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex Naylor

Please also check your hardware.

OSC circuit, you need to add external 1M Rf:

4.jpg

Then, you need to use the oscilloscope to check your EXTAL and XTAL pin, whether the crystal is oscillating or not?

If it is not oscillate, it means your Cx, Cy is not correct, you need to find the correct the load capacitor, you need to check your crystal datasheet find the correct load capacitor.

Then, you can debug the code again, while you is stopping, please also check ,which detail code line it is stopping.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos