cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWO Int Trace confusion

andreiszeghy
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using MCUXpresso IDE 10.2.1 [Build 795] and using the Interrupt Trace View for the first time.  I have read the "MCUXpresso IDE Linkserver SWO Trace Guide" and I am still having trouble deciphering a particular sample.  In the following screenshot:

SWOref.png

What is the gray on top of interrupt [24]?  And what is the thick blue line between both interrupts[24]?  Nothing in the SWO Int Stats looks out of sorts, but I want to understand what I'm looking at here in the graph.

Thank you and any feedback is greatly appreciated,

Andrei

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrei Szeghy,

- The thin blue line in the  row represents that  interrupt execution is suspended, but not completed.

- About the "gray", could you please zoom in it check ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

andreiszeghy
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay. That said, I'm not sure I understand...  First, as you pointed out, my arrow should have read "what is the thin blue line".  Regardless,  are you suggesting interrupt [24] was suspended for about 150usec until the interrupt was taken again?  Am I mistaken to think execution returned to main() during that time?

Thanks for your patience,

Andrei

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrei,

Is this a demo project ? Which one ? I want to test it on my side  to check the meaning.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

andreiszeghy
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

No, unfortunately it is not a demo project.  The interrupts are pretty straightforward though.  I changed the priority so that Timer0 is of the highest priority (most critical) and the UART is of a lower priority.  This appears to have worked, but I was unsure of why the UART interrupt had the blue line.   Perhaps I'll move on and try some further testing to see it's just a bug in the rendering of the graph.

Thanks,

Andrei

0 Kudos