cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso IDE v11.9.1 new project error

Jump to solution
dporada
Contributor III

When I create a new project for the MKE02Z4, I get the Flash Config Support Enabled and the ResetISR errors with the code it generates.  This wasn't a problem with previous versions and I don't know how to fix it.

The Manage linker script check box is checked.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @dporada ,

You can create a new startup file only clicking this button:

Habib_MS_0-1717625325364.png

This button refresh the SDK components by default including the startup file.

Also, if you experience any issue, do not hesitate to let me know.

BR

Habib.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
dporada
Contributor III

Habib,

After you said this, I tried making a project on Windows 11 and it worked.  I originally made the project on a Macintosh.  Apparently the problem is only the Mac version.  Can you still help?

Don

0 Kudos
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @dporada ,

In order to support you better, could you please provide me the next information when you presented the error?

-Mac architecture (Intel or Apple silicon)

-SDK version.

Also, is this the only MCU that presented the error?

BR

Habib.

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Habib,

Apple silicon and SKD 2.10.0.

I tried with an MKM35Z part with the same problem.

Whatever changed, I cannot even open one of my old projects with an older version of MCUXpresso.  I get the same errors.

Don

0 Kudos
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @dporada,

I was able to replicate your message error when I removed the part of code that is shown below:

Habib_MS_0-1717540785436.png

That is the FlashConfig of the project and in the case that does not set, the linker script will put the error.

Fortunately, the SDK examples already have this configuration. Could you please build these examples to corroborate if the issue is only in your own projects? This is in order to try an pinpoint if the issue is from your custom SW or not.

Additionally. Exist a specific reason to use the version of the SDK 2.10 instead of the version 2.15?

BR

Habib.

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Habib,

Updating to version 2.15 allows me create and build a new project.  I thought that the software checked for  updated SDKs.

I still cannot open old projects. I found the code you are talking about in the startup folder of working projects, but the startup folder is empty on previous projects.  Copying the file to an older project caused 45 errors, so this won't fix it.  How do I generate this file on previous projects?

Don

0 Kudos
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @dporada ,

You can create a new startup file only clicking this button:

Habib_MS_0-1717625325364.png

This button refresh the SDK components by default including the startup file.

Also, if you experience any issue, do not hesitate to let me know.

BR

Habib.

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Habib,

I needed to resume a project using a MKM35Z5123VLL7.  I had the same problem.  Refreshing the SDK components does not build a startup file.

Any ideas?

Don

0 Kudos
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello again @dporada,
Sorry for taking a while to get back to you.
I made tests with the SDK (version 2.15) and MCUxpresso version 11.9.1, I did not find any issues recreating the startup file.
In order to support you better can you provide me the project that has the issues?
BR
Habib.

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Habib,

You were correct.  I had 4 different versions of SDKs installed for that part.  I deleted all of them and installed the MKM35Z512xxx7 and the TWR-KM35Z75M and they both worked.

Thank you,

Don

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Habib,

After creating a new startup file, I was able to fix remaining problems and open the file.

Thank you,

Don

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Here's the errors if this helps:

Building target: MKE02Z4_Project.axf

Invoking: MCU Linker

arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -Xlinker -Map="MKE02Z4_Project.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Xlinker -print-memory-usage -Xlinker --sort-section=alignment -Xlinker --cref -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -T MKE02Z4_Project_Debug.ld -o "MKE02Z4_Project.axf" ./source/MKE02Z4_Project.o ./source/semihost_hardfault.o ./drivers/fsl_common.o ./drivers/fsl_port.o ./board/board.o ./board/clock_config.o ./board/peripherals.o ./board/pin_mux.o

/Applications/MCUXpressoIDE_11.9.1_2170/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.macosx_11.9.1.202402080819/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Linker Flash Config Support Enabled, but no .FlashConfig section provided within application

Memory region Used Size Region Size %age Used

/Applications/MCUXpressoIDE_11.9.1_2170/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.macosx_11.9.1.202402080819/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol ResetISR; defaulting to 00000000

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [makefile:46: MKE02Z4_Project.axf] Error 1

PROGRAM_FLASH: 1 KB 32 KB 3.12%

make: *** [makefile:37: all] Error 2

SRAM: 512 B 4 KB 12.50%

"make -r -j9 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

08:22:37 Build Failed. 3 errors, 1 warnings. (took 171ms)

0 Kudos
Habib_MS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @dporada ,

I made a new project (with default settings) in the SDK_2.15.000_MKE02Z64xxx4 and with SDK_2.15.000_FRDM-KE02Z40M, both with the latest version that is the 2.15, and neither was built with errors.

In order to support you better, could you please provide me the steps that you made for create a new project?

BR,

Habib.

0 Kudos