Link Application to RAM: different load and run address for .data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Application to RAM: different load and run address for .data

gavin5342
Contributor III

I want to link my application to on-chip SRAM.  I will debug in RAM and my second bootloader will copy from flash to RAM.

If I locate .data in a different section from the default where .text is placed, the generated linker script specifies the load address in the default RAM region and the run address in the region I have chosen.

I only want the .data at the run address as the sbl will copy it to the right place and my default region (SRAM_ITC on the RT1050) doesn't have enough space for .text and .data.

Can I tick a box or press a button to prevent the load address being different from the run address, or do I need to maintain my own linker script and stop using the managed linker script?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you should probably play with the linker scripts templates used by the IDE. I suggest you go through ch. 19 from the User Guide and see if the customization level offered by the linker script templates management (ch. 19.14) helps you. As far as I can tell, there's no checkbox to achieve what you need. 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos