How to know which SDK components to include?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know which SDK components to include?

simmania
Contributor III

Hi,
I'm new to MCUXpresso and the tools. I have a hard time understanding how to know what to include in the SDK when building the SDK.

For instance the Drivers:

We understand you need to add the SAI Driver when you want to use the SAI peripheral. But there are many drivers from which it is not clear if we should add them. The most basic demos include for instance drivers like:
CACHE Driver
Clock Driver
COMMON Driver
DCDC SOC Driver
PMU Driver
XIP Device Driver

How do I know which I need to include? How can I find a description of these drivers?

And about the CMSIS Include:

Most demos include the
CMSIS_Include_CM
MIMXRT1176_CMSIS
MIMXRT1176_system
What are they and do I always need to include them?

Then there are the Utilities:

Even the simplest demos include:
assert
debug_console (or debug_console_lite)
lpuart_adapter
misc_utilities
serial_manager
serial_manager_uart

How can we find information what they are to be able to decide if we need them?

And then there is the Middleware:

How to find out what functinality they add and what the API is to that we can decide if we need it?

2 Replies

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

I share your frustration with NXP style documentation of the SDK API and components. It's partly compensated by this friendly and helpful community

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @simmania 

When you select the board and click on build sdk, the minimum files for the sdk to work are selected by default, unless you need one of the other options you can add it. Also, there is a description for each option. In case you want to have all the options for development you can select all of them but this depends on the target.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos