Beacon Demo application not working for KW45B41-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon Demo application not working for KW45B41-EVK

Yul81
Contributor II

I am trying to run the Beacon demo example on the KW45B41-EVK. After flashing pressing SW RST and ADV I still do not get the info in the IoT toolbox. Also there is nothing in the connected terminal. I tried with other BLE examples and the result is the same. If I just try regular examples like the shell example or blink led example they work perfectly. What can I possibly be doing wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Yul81

Hope you are doing well.

Just to confirm, what SDK version are you using? Have you been able to successfully run any of the BLE example projects before?

It is necessary to work with the matching NBU image for the SDK version of the application you are working with. Prior to loading any wireless SDK example, please update your NBU image.

The Getting Started with the KW45B41Z Evaluation Kit describes the first steps to work with your device. Section 3.3 Updating NBU for Wireless Examples describes how to update the NBU using SPSDK command line tool (installation of SPSDK is described in Section 2.4). Please, make sure to have Python 3.7+ installed.

Please, follow the steps listed in the Getting Started and let me know your findings.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

Yul81
Contributor II

I followed the steps on the guide to install the SPSDK for Windows. I executed without issues steps 1 through 4, but for step 5 I got the following message: 'spsdk' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

Regardless I tried to update the NBU but after having the board set in ISP mode, if I executed the nxpdevscan command I got the same message as for when I executed the spsdk --help command.

'nxpdevscan' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What went wrong?

Also just to confirm ISP mode is when the RGB LED is set on blue right?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please, try the whole installation procedure again. If the you face the same issue, try the following (after performing step 4):

• Open command console
  • Change directory to spsdk folder (cloned from GitHub)
  • pip install -U -e . (Please, note "." argument)
  • Restart your command console.
  • Activate the virtual environment (step 3.b from Getting Started)
  • Run spsdk --help command.

RGB LED on solid blue should indicate that your device is in ISP mode.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos