Flashing hex file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing hex file

akshita_manwati
Contributor III

What can be done if the output read after flashing a hex file is not matching the flashed hex file in frdm KW36? 

13 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Akshita Manwati,

Could you please describe your question detail.

How to flash hex file ? How to read ? What about the data in hex file and result of read?

You can also have a look at the flashed data in "Memory " view, check whether correctly flashed:

pastedImage_8.png

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

akshita_manwati
Contributor III

Hello Alice

The hex file that I am flashing as mentioned in the document named ''Reprogramming a KW36 device using the OTAP Client Software" is ''frdmkw36_wireless_examples_bluetooth_glucose_s_freertos.'' Exporting the memory after flashing this hex file, the contents of memory after exporting and the hex file flashed do not match when compared.using Beyond Compare.

Thanks

Akshita Manwati

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Akshita Manwati,

How about compare the hex file with memory view I mentioned above ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

akshita_manwati
Contributor III

Hi Alice

On comparing with memory view some data don't match. Is it be possible due to run time changes?

Regards

Akshita

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Akshita Manwati,

After download hex file, do not RUN, first compare.

And how about other project ?

How do you flash?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

akshita_manwati
Contributor III

Hi Alice

I am using NXP IoT Toolbox box app to flash the hex file. After flashing I compare the data in the memory, so for doing this I have to RUN and then flash. For all other projects I use the same method.

Thanks and regards

Akshita  

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Are you considering the bootloader space when you do the memory dump?

Please remember that a special bootloader was flashed and the application that you build separated has an offset, so if you are comparing the complete memory with just the application file it won't match.

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

akshita_manwati
Contributor III

Hello Estephania

I am considering the bootloader  space and then flashing my hex file.

Regards

Akshita

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Yes, I understand that it's the process you are following, but you mention that the hex files do not match between the application you are flashing and the memory dump. 

pastedImage_1.png

When you are comparing the hex files are you considering the diagram I'm attaching? Or are you just comparing the hex file from the offset that you add to the application when you compile it? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

akshita_manwati
Contributor III

Hello 

I am comparing the hex file from the offset that I have added to the application.

Regards

Akshita

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Which are the differences you are seeing, are you considering the format of the OTA image? How exactly are you generating the memory dump and the output in hex file ?  

0 Kudos

akshita_manwati
Contributor III

Hello

The issue was resolved, my hex file memory was larger than the size required. Therefore by flashing the correct hex file now my memory is matching.

Thanks and regards

Akshita

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

It is good that you were able to solve your issue. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos