FYI - Inability to relaunch MCUExpresso IDE on M1 Mac fix

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI - Inability to relaunch MCUExpresso IDE on M1 Mac fix

functional_des
Contributor III

Hi there, not actually a question but I figured I would post this since it just cost me 30 minutes of messing around. If you install SDKs into the MCUE IDE, it will self-modify, wrecking the code-signing which then upsets MacOS. The way it manifested for me was that the IDE simply wouldn't open, and instead I would get a crash log notification. 

To verify if this issue is what is impacting you, run : codesign -v -vvv --deep [path to whatever is run in terminal when you start the IDE]

The solve for me was to run : codesign --force --sign - [path to whatever is run in terminal when you start the IDE]

Credit goes to this SO post - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68295434/facing-permission-related-issues-in-macbook-pro-with-bi... 

2 Replies

ikuzmych
Contributor II

I am currently experiencing the same issue where after installing an SDK and closing the app I am unable to re-open it. However, how do I see what runs in terminal when I try to open the IDE? I am unable to find that out and thus unable to solve the problem

0 Kudos

functional_des
Contributor III

functional_des_0-1655128910938.png

If you open the little shortcut option in the application, the terminal then pops up and runs a command that for me is : 

/Applications/MCUXpressoIDE_11.5.1_7266/ide/MCUXpressoIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/mcuxpressoide                        

So for me I just run

codesign -v -vvv --deep /Applications/MCUXpressoIDE_11.5.1_7266/ide/MCUXpressoIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/mcuxpressoide

0 Kudos