Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment on how to use the MCUx's pins tab

Jump to solution
joao_ribeiro
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am converting an old KDS project into the MCUxpresso environment, but now I am facing a point that I would like to have your input on the better way to do it.

My project has several inputs and outputs that I want to configure on the MCUx's Pins tab so that another developer could start from it and easily add another pin on the future.

The tricky part is that my project will be used on 3 different devices. The script will start and figure out what device it is in and configure the ports according to a deep switch, therefore there are some pins that will be outputs on one device, but inputs on other. The diferences between devices are not major but have some differences.

What would be the best way to use the MCUx's Pins tab, having it configured as base, but also configure some pins differently according to the flow of the script?

Thank you for the help

Regards

1 Solution
antonintomanec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, your logic can be done with functional groups A and B and defining two identifiers on the port PTE10, as you already have.

The reason for your errors “"Selected value is duplicated …” is the property "Called from default initialization function" of these groups. By default it is on. Please switch it off at least on one of them  – these two configurations will not run in parallel so we can switch off the conflict validation. Keep on the one which shall be set during initialization.

Regards,

Tonda

View solution in original post

4 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I suggest to use MCUXpresso config tools. Please check the following links and let me know if this helps. 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXIDECTUG.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/MCUXDWQS.pdf 

How To: MCUXpresso Config Tools – Paltonico: Electronics Made Simple 

Have a nice day!

Regards 

Soledad

0 Kudos
joao_ribeiro
Contributor IV

Hello Soledad,

Thank you for the reply. To be honest I still have my problem unresolved. I have read the linked documents that you kindly point me to, but i could not find the answer I was looking for.

The only chapter that is close to what I was questioning is located in MCUXIDECTHG.pdf, chapter 3.4.6 Labels and identifiers. In here I found that I can add different "Idetifier" to the same port and I can also create "Functional group" to better group the pins. So I thought that I could have a functional group A with PTE10 with the Identifier LED1 and also another functional group B with PTE10 but this time with the identifier INPUT1, but I could not do that as I got this erros "Selected value is duplicated with 'Signal' value in '#13-GPIOE.GPIO.10' setting from BOARD_functional_A function"

My main intention is to have, for instance this logic:

1. After a reset the board do not initiate any port and tries to figure out what is the environment it is in
  2. If it is environment A then it will run the functional group A and have port PTE10 as LED1
  3. If it is environment B then it will run the functional group B and have port PTE10 as INPUT1

Is this possible? Can I have the pins identified on Pins function. It can obviously be done in the code, but I would prefer to use the Pin tab as it is much more user friendly and better for future changes on my project.

Thank you

Regards

0 Kudos
antonintomanec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, your logic can be done with functional groups A and B and defining two identifiers on the port PTE10, as you already have.

The reason for your errors “"Selected value is duplicated …” is the property "Called from default initialization function" of these groups. By default it is on. Please switch it off at least on one of them  – these two configurations will not run in parallel so we can switch off the conflict validation. Keep on the one which shall be set during initialization.

Regards,

Tonda

joao_ribeiro
Contributor IV

Thank you Tonda,

It help and my script is running as intended. 

That did the trick

Thank you

Regards

0 Kudos