Can import I.MX8 SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can import I.MX8 SDK

davidvescovi
Contributor V

Brand new Xpresso IDE install. Newly generated i.MX8 SDK. Will not import!nxp bug.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Farsan_Baloo
Contributor II

It looks like this still is the case...
What is the NXP preferred/recommended/supported setup/tool chain for developing (FreeRTOS and/or bare metal) applications for an iMX8 housed Cortex-M4/M7 CPU?
I do have a J-link Ultra+ debug probe that I intend to use.

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately we don’t have available an SDK for MCUxpresso for the

EVK-MIMX8MQ, we do have it for IAR and GCC ARM,

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

davidvescovi
Contributor V

after more investigation it looks like the log says:

The SDK 'SDK_2.x_EVK-MIMX8MQ' does not contain any MCUXpresso IDE compatible toolchain.

I choose the GCC toolchain when generating the SDK and indeed the manifest xml shows:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000233 EndHTML:000004027 StartFragment:000000794 EndFragment:000003993 StartSelection:000000794 EndSelection:000003980 SourceURL:file:///C:/nxp_sdk/SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMX8MQ/EVK-MIMX8MQ_manifest_v3_4.xml <compilers><compiler name="gcc" id="compiler_gcc" type="gcc"/></compilers><toolchainSettings/><toolchains><toolchain name="GCC_ARM_Embedded" id="armgcc" version="7.3.1" type="armgcc" vendor_url="http://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded" vendor="GCC ARM Embedded" compiler="compiler_gcc" full_name="GCC ARM Embedded"/></toolchains>

So why does the IDE barf? I thought the gcc tool chain was installed as part of the IDE?

file:///C:/nxp_sdk/SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMX8MQ/EVK-MIMX8MQ_manifest_v3_4.xml# 

0 Kudos