BUG: MCUXpresso example project import errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: MCUXpresso example project import errors

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Want to try USB vcom example on Freedom K64F board.
Import project with newlib_semihost produced this error:

MCUXpresso_BUG_import_USB_VCOM_newlib.PNGWhat's going on?

The import continued, and build produced this further error:

c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.1.1_3241/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.1.0.202001081728/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.1.1_3241/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.1.0.202001081728/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+fp/hard\libcr_newlib_semihost.a(syscalls.o): in function `_read':
syscalls.c:(.text._read+0x0): multiple definition of `_read'; ./source/retarget_itm.o:C:\Users\developer\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.1_3241\workspace\frdmk64f_dev_cdc_vcom_freertos\Debug/../source/retarget_itm.c:146: first defined here
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.1.1_3241/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.1.0.202001081728/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.1.1_3241/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.1.0.202001081728/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+fp/hard\libcr_newlib_semihost.a(syscalls.o): in function `_write':
syscalls.c:(.text._write+0x0): multiple definition of `_write'; ./source/retarget_itm.o:C:\Users\developer\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.1_3241\workspace\frdmk64f_dev_cdc_vcom_freertos\Debug/../source/retarget_itm.c:78: first defined here

What's going on?

NXP: please confirm you have reproduced this and filed a bug report

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

Tags (3)
5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This particular problem was fixed in the recently announced v11.2.0 release.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

ie709758@iteso.mx‌ - I am using 11.1.1 with SDK 2.7 on Windows 10.
Simply import the example like this:
1) Choose Freedom K64F no-bluetooth
2) Choose USB CDC VCOM FreeRTOS example

3) Specify newlib (not nano) with semihosting

You will see failure above.

...please confirm you have reproduced this and filed a bug report

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dave,

I appreciate  your patience and additional details. I have not managed to replicate the issue  on my side.

To narrow down the problem, Can I suggest you reinstall the IDE and  import the example again?

Additional details, Altougth I got the  same IDE Error when creating the project, the build succeded

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Please let me know your results,

Kind regards, Diego

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Seriously? Are you going to tell me to reinstall Windows too? Really now!

Please confirm you've filed bug reports on both the error dialog you have reproduced,
and the build error you did not reproduce.

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dave,

I hope you are doing well :smileyhappy:

I  tried to replicate your issue without success  using MCUXpresso v11.1.1 and FRMD-K64F SDK  v2.7 and v2.6

Please, help  me importing the same SDK example  on a different path like   c:/projects/ and let me know your results.

Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos