Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MCUXpresso build project in Eclipse IDE

Jump to solution
Freshna
Contributor I

Hello,

This is first time I am working with NXP microcontrollers and MCUXpresso IDE, But all our projects till now are with Eclipse IDE. No we are planning to do the configuration part in MCUXpresso and still do the development and build in Eclipse IDE. I am using i.MX RT1010 MCU. 

I downloaded MCUXpresso SDK and have taken LED blinky example and able to build it in MCUXpresso, now if I want to take this same build project to Eclipse and build it will it be possible. Any suggestions or document would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

I suggest you have a read at

Building a Triumvirate: From Eclipse CDT to CMake, CMD and Visual Studio Code | MCU on Eclipse

which shows how to use CMake both natively in Eclipse and outside, plus having access to all the MCUXpresso features like the configuration tools.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

I suggest you have a read at

Building a Triumvirate: From Eclipse CDT to CMake, CMD and Visual Studio Code | MCU on Eclipse

which shows how to use CMake both natively in Eclipse and outside, plus having access to all the MCUXpresso features like the configuration tools.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
Freshna
Contributor I

Hello Enrich,

Am getting an error(please refer the attached image) while trying to build my project through command after following all the steps mentioned. Any guidance on this

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

It seems you are using a different/wrong compiler. Either use the compiler which comes with the IDE or adjust the libraries you want to link with.

0 Kudos
Freshna
Contributor I

Hello Enrich,

Thank for the help. Now through CMake build am able to build in both MCUXpresso and Eclipse IDE but for debugging is there anyway I can use NXP LinkServer connection or it can be done only with Jlink?

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

You can use and gdb server based debug probe, which includes the LinkServer which has added command line and gdb server capabilities recently, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2023/05/14/linkserver-for-microcontrollers/

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, unfortunately, there is no information about the migration to Eclipse from NXP, but I found this thread maybe could help you.

Tutorial: Creating Bare-bare Embedded Projects with CMake, with Eclipse included | MCU on Eclipse

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos