SDK Compile error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Compile error

bin_wang
Contributor I

There are errors in compilation, because I am not familiar with GCC, how can I modify it to compile correctly?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

bin_wang
Contributor I

I know your meaning.But I want to know the way how to print the message to the Semihost terminal!

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bin Wang,

The Semihost terminal is not supported by the KW36Z's BLE Stack, i'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

bin_wang
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply!

With printf ("Hello world \ n"), if I want information to be output from console, how can I modify the program?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bin Wang,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but Wireless Connectivity SDK examples should use the UART peripheral as the debug console, due to timing requirements of the different Wireless Communications Protocols implemented by these.

The "Hello World" message can be printed to a UART Terminal, instead of the Semihost terminal.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

bin_wang
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply!

There is another question!

If I want the information to be printed out from mcuxpress and not from serial port, what should I do? As shown in the picture below, print out the information"Hello world"!

1.jpg

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bin,

Projects implementing the different NXP Connectivity Stacks should only use the UART Debug Console, as the Semihost console may cause issues with the timing requirements for the Wireless Communications Protocols.

Still, there is a way to view the UART Terminal Output on MCUXpresso. This can be done by choosing the "Terminal" option here:

pastedImage_1.png

And then choosing the following option from the list:

pastedImage_2.png

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bin, I hope you're doing well!

I checked your attached code and found that the line causing the issue is the PRINTF. Errors like these can happen if the UART Debug Console is not used within Wireless SDK Examples.

Due to the implementation of the Wireless Stacks, the examples should be imported with the SDK Debug Console set to UART instead of Semihost.

After a project is imported, the Debug Console can be changed by modifying the following setting:

pastedImage_1.png

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos