MCUXpresso IDE with QN9080 DK-V1.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso IDE with QN9080 DK-V1.3

steve_champion
Contributor I

On the NXP web site I can only find an SDK for QN9080CDK which I take to be an earlier rev. of my QN9080 DK-V1.3 which has a Rev. D processor on it. Am I using the correct SDK, or is there a later one that I have not found? Also, the latest "Bluetooth low energy demo applications users guide” that I was able to find is Doc. Number BLEDAUG Rev. 7 12/2017. Is this the latest?

I'm having some difficulty running the demo code, but want to make sure that I really do have the latest before I start posting questions.

Initially I could not even build the examples, although I did track down information about adding -mfloat-abi=hard to the compiler settings in every project. However, that experience only strengthened my suspicion that I'm not using the latest examples and/or SDK. Can anybody with experience of the QN9080 DK-V1.3 shed any light?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

steve_champion
Contributor I

... and the Bluetooth OTAP client examples do not flash the LED like the beacon examples. I do not know for sure that those examples are supposed to flash the LED - but it does seem as if, maybe, they are not running at all

0 Kudos

steve_champion
Contributor I

Yes, it does look like it has stopped before it even really got started:

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

steve_champion
Contributor I

The Bluetooth Wireless UART example (imported individually to avoid the floating point issue) looks better on the face of it. The LED flashes. It outputs a message on the serial port "Wireless UART starting as GAP Central, press the role switch to change it."

However, nothing shows up in IoT "Toolbox Wireless UART"

Initially the LED flashes lilac (I presume that is R+G+B at arbitrary intensities)

Pressing the button makes it flash red, then it changes to red/blue after a while.

Nothing in IoT toolbox/Wireless UART.

So... a bit more hopeful than the OTAP example (in that the LED is being driven) but not the demo described in the BLEDAUG document.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For reference - there is a blog article on the floating point issue in the MCUXpresso IDE community- Linker errors with QN9080 SDK examples under MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0 , though this should be resolved in a future SDK release.

Can you describe the difficulty you are having running demo code? It possible that you might need to "recover" your board, as described in https://community.nxp.com/message/997940#comment-999935 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

steve_champion
Contributor I

Thanks for the response..

So:

1) I should assume that (per my original post) I do have the correct SDK for the QN9080 DK-V1.3 board? Despite the apparent Rev. C/ Rev. D difference?

2) Is the floating point solution  referenced in your first link the same as adding -mfloat-abi=hard in Properties - C/C++ Build - Settings - Miscellaneous - Other Flags ? That was the solution that I found elsewhere. If this is not the case, then I should re-import the examples, I suppose?

3) Is  Rev. 7 12/2017. the latest version of Doc. Number BLEDAUG? It seems to be very old compared with the other documentation which - of course doesn't on its own make it invalid!

I shall re-import one particular example and try it again. 

And to answer your question about the specific issue I am experiencing:

I can run the Bluetooth Beacon example (both _bm and _FreeRTOS versions) and I see the board in the IoT Toolbox (Samsung Galaxy S6 phone)

If I run the Bluetooth OTAP client (either _bm or FreeRTOS versions) then I do not see the board in IoT Toolbox ((OTAP) 

0 Kudos