MCUXpresso config tools said "The select project is not based on MCUExpresso SDK"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso config tools said "The select project is not based on MCUExpresso SDK"

robberpen
Contributor II

Hi

As below Fig-1, I got error "The select project is not based on MCUExpresso SDK"(Fig-2)
Is any suggestion.

SDK: MCUXpressoIDE_11.9.0_2144
EVB: lpclink2_4370
Project: default periph_spp

Regards
Peter

Fig-1

robberpen_0-1718522889387.png

Fig-2

robberpen_1-1718522985682.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @robberpen 

It seems that the project you are trying to open or build in MCUXpresso IDE is not compatible with the MCUXpresso SDK. The error message "The select project is not based on MCUXpresso SDK" indicates that the project structure, configuration files, or dependencies are not set up according to the requirements of the MCUXpresso SDK.

Here are some suggestions to resolve this issue:

1. Verify Project Type: Make sure that the project you are trying to open is indeed intended to be used with MCUXpresso SDK. 

2. Check Project Configuration: If the project is supposed to be compatible with MCUXpresso SDK, review the project settings and configuration files to ensure they match what is expected by the SDK. This includes checking for correct paths, compiler settings, and included libraries.

3. Update SDK: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the MCUXpresso SDK. Sometimes compatibility issues can arise from using an outdated SDK version.

4. Import Official Examples: Try importing one of the official example projects that come with the MCUXpresso SDK to see if those can be built and run successfully. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your project or a broader problem with the SDK installation or IDE setup.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @robberpen ,

as Hang wrote - I'll just add that Config Tools supports only projects based on MCUXpresso SDK (supported devices can be checked here: https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select).

And in the IDE New Wizard, whether the project can be supported by Config Tools or not is quite simple:

liborukropec_0-1718698075808.png

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

robberpen
Contributor II
Hi Libor
Confirm again.
Based on your figure. I use LPC-Link2(LPC4370) in my project. that is means it cannot launch config-tool by default, right?

Thanks
0 Kudos