Contributor I

MCUXpresso config Tools V4.1 can not Download processor data online

捕获.PNG

捕获.PNG

0 Kudos
18 Replies

rex_lam
Contributor IV

It seems no one has proposed how to configure the proxy and this information is not available in the user manual either. It would be best if the MCUXpresso config tool preferences window has the option to let the user enter the proxy and port settings when proxy is enabled. I have the same problem with the tool not being able to go online to retrieve processor data, and I found my solution from this thread:

Pins Tool: Could not download device information file 

Specifically, adding the proxy settings to tools.ini fixed the problem.

-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
-Dhttp.proxyHost=somecompany.proxy.net
-Dhttp.proxyPort=80

I hope this helps others who are also on a network with a firewall.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rex,

thank you for confirmation it helped to you. By default the application takes the proxy configuration from system (windows+linux), or can be simply configured not using the global system proxy and connect directly (in the application Preferences). This works in many cases. Unfortunately there can be many proxy/network configurations, problematic are e.g. those requiring the user authentication.

You are right that the above information could be in the documentation - we will include it in version 6.0.

For my curiosity, could you describe details about your proxy?

1) requires authentication?

2) is it configured in (windows) as global settings? (Also accessible from Internet Explorer)

3) if you open the Command prompt and try to "ping mcuxpresso.nxp.com" - is the IP address resolved? (Please note that the server does not reply to ping)

Thank you and regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

rex_lam
Contributor IV

Libor,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) No authentication required

2) There is a global setting, but it does not show the proxy configuration. It uses an automatic configuration script instead.

3) Yes, the IP address is resolved.

Thank you for providing more details about the how the tool works. I understand now why it did not work as intended.

Rex

0 Kudos

linghaokong
Contributor I

My MCUXpresso config Tools V4.1 can not connect internet too!!

My  internet is normal .

MCUXpresso_Config_Tools_v4.1_x64.exe

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_6.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Linghao,

How about turn of the  firewall of your PC.

If still can't work , you can also consider of offline mode , copy related data from another PC that can connect to

internet using MCUXpresso Config Tool , paste on your PC, about the detail steps you can refer to this thread:

How to Use MCUXpresso Config Tools on Offline Computer 

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nickdolling
Contributor IV

I have the same problem. If I ping mcuxpresso.nxp.com the IP resolves correctly (but the request times out).

As for all the other questions and "solutions"..

I would hazard a guess that for most of us who are not hobbyists or self employed, we have to work in corporate managed IT environments where we have little or no visibility of, or control over the firewall, proxy etc etc.

Rather than provide "solutions" which involve working around the problem.. couldn't you provide a solution designed for such environments? Or at least means of downloading the offline content and installing it to the right place?

Nick

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nick,

as you noted, the corporates can have (and have) different firewalls, proxies, network configurations (like tunneling IPv6 over IPv4 or vice) and other restrictions. Just everything cannot be tested. There might be problem in our application/java or even in Windows or even misconfiguration in the corporate network. Sometimes it requires the cooperation with the user to get as most information as possible. Suggested workarounds also might identify the root cause of the problem. That's why it is important to provide the required information in order to fix the problem.

Regarding the environments which are offline by design or by other problems, we improved the upcoming version with more easy way to export downloaded data into ZIP archive on computer that is online and to import on another one which cannot download data for whatever reason.

We are also working on solution where you will be able to download the archive from the web page. This solution is not ready yet.

If you let me know what processor/board or kit you need (now I expect Config Tools v 4.1), I can create an archive for you by return.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

nickdolling
Contributor IV

Hi Libor,

Libor Ukropec wrote:

as you noted, the corporates can have (and have) different firewalls, proxies, network configurations (like tunneling IPv6 over IPv4 or vice) and other restrictions. Just everything cannot be tested.

I guess that was kind of my point... the only mechanism provided is not very well suited to such environments/customers... the offline process you say is in the process of being rolled out seems like the simpler and more accessible option. The system you have in place for generating the custom SDK builds is great... this would seem like a logical extension of that.

I would appreciate if you could provide an archive for me to import... my target is currently the iMX_RT1060 but we plan to move to the 1064 when available.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the 1060 is in the archive posted above - http://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/staticdata/packages/MKL16_IMX_LPC54_v4.1.zip - please extract content of the archive into the "c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v4.1" folder and restart the Config Tools.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

linghaokong
Contributor I

LPC800 SERIES MCU FAMILIES

MKL16

i.MX RT

LPC540

LPC541

LPC546

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please extract content of the archive http://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/staticdata/packages/MKL16_IMX_LPC54_v4.1.zip into the "c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v4.1" folder and restart the Config Tools.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please provide more information:

1. what operating system do you use - I can see you have Windows 10, x64

2. do you use http proxy? if yes, does it require authentication?

3. do you have IPv6 enabled? if yes, could you please try appending into the <install_directory>/bin/tools.ini this line at the end of the file?

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
4. please attach log file "c:\Users\<user>\.nxp\swtools.log" which might help
5. In Command Prompt, does it resolve the hostname into the IP address?
C:\>ping mcuxpresso.nxp.com

Pinging mcuxpresso.nxp.com [104.45.233.9] with 32 bytes of data:

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

linghaokong
Contributor I

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please provide more information:

1. what operating system do you use (including 32/64 bit version)

2. do you use http proxy? if yes, does it require authentication?

3. do you have IPv6 enabled? if yes, could you please try appending into the <installdir>/bin/tools.ini this line?

```

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

```

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

Alex_23
Contributor I

Hello,

Maybe it's the company network. I can use the tool on my personal computer,but when I create new configuration for RT1052 .I can't use peripherals tool ,pin tool and clock tool works fine.

pastedImage_1.png pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

did you select MIMXRT1052xxxxB or MIMXRT1052xxxxx? The first one has Peripherals support, while the second one (preliminary silicon) does not. May be there's exact error message written there, but I do not speak Chinese unfortunately. Can you share the *.MEX file here in case the processor is "MIMXRT1052xxxxB"?

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

Alex_23
Contributor I

Hello,

I select MIMXRT1052XXXXX,because  MIMXRT1052XXXXB not in the processor selection list.Then I try to update processor data by the way described in the picture.The selection list is still missing MIMRT1052XXXXB. Can you send me MIMRT1052XXXXB processor data?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please extract content of the archive mcuxpresso.nxp.com/staticdata/packages/MIMXRT1052xxxxB.zip into the "c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v4.1" folder and restart the Config Tools.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos