If Config Tools does not support LPC 8xx parts, and the LPC Initialization Tool does not (yet) recognize LPC845, how do I set up Pin I/O and SPI SSELn pins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Config Tools does not support LPC 8xx parts, and the LPC Initialization Tool does not (yet) recognize LPC845, how do I set up Pin I/O and SPI SSELn pins?

Jump to solution
normanjones
Contributor II

I have been using LPC824 (in both packages) and have found the LPC Initialization Tool useful both to produce the PinMux files, and to get a quick visualization of Pin Mapping. But moving up to the LPC845 I do not see a selection (yet) for this processor. And looking at Config Tools I do not see any LPC8xx parts supported. Are there plans for augmenting the LPC Initialization Tool to work for LPC845? And when?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Norman Jones,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
As I know, the LPC8xx will be supported in Pins Tool of MCUXpreeso Config Tools by the Q1 of 2018, regarding to the tool you mentioned, I don't hear any plans or schedules to support the LPC8xx.
Hope this is clear.
pastedImage_1.png

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Norman Jones,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
As I know, the LPC8xx will be supported in Pins Tool of MCUXpreeso Config Tools by the Q1 of 2018, regarding to the tool you mentioned, I don't hear any plans or schedules to support the LPC8xx.
Hope this is clear.
pastedImage_1.png

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
normanjones
Contributor II

Thankyou Jeremy:

I will continue with the approach of assigning pins with calls in the code

for this project and hope to return to the PinMap tool if it is ready in

time for the next project.

--Norm

jeremyzhou

replied to the discussion

"Re: If Config Tools does not support LPC 8xx parts, and the LPC

Initialization Tool does not (yet) recognize LPC845, how do I set up Pin

I/O and SPI SSELn pins?"

To view the discussion, visit:

https://community.nxp.com/message/954947?commentID=954947&et=watches.email.thread#comment-954947

>

0 Kudos