How to use the Clocks tool to change from FEI to PEE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Clocks tool to change from FEI to PEE?

Jump to solution
brettutesch
Contributor II

How can I change from FEI (out of reset) to PEE using the Clocks tool?  Am I suppose to create multiple clock configurations (FBE, PBE, and PEE) within Clocks tool to switch to PEE mode? 

According to the MK16 reference manual (v3.2 page 406) , if I need to be in PEE mode, I need to first go from FEI (out of reset) to FBE, then to PBE and finally to PEE.  However, the Clocks tool is allowing me to create a BOARD_BootClockRUN to go directly to PEE.  Loading these clock sources files into my project seems to be working but the generated code only goes direct to PEE and skips FBE to PBE.  How is one supposed to use the Clocks tool to switch to PEE?

Is there any documentation explaining using the Clocks tool to go from one MCG mode to another MCG mode?

1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brett,

Please, see the generated code of the Clocks tool and also the implementation of the SDK functions. The transition between MCG modes is implemented in the fsl_clock driver. E.g. the CLOCK_BootToPeeMode() function provide subsequent transition among the MCG modes as it is described in the Reference Manual (from FEI to FBE, PBE and PEE). See the implementation of this function for details.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brett,

Please, see the generated code of the Clocks tool and also the implementation of the SDK functions. The transition between MCG modes is implemented in the fsl_clock driver. E.g. the CLOCK_BootToPeeMode() function provide subsequent transition among the MCG modes as it is described in the Reference Manual (from FEI to FBE, PBE and PEE). See the implementation of this function for details.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brett,

Please analysis the generated code by Clocks config tool , it must be

the same with the flow of MK16 reference manual said.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos