What is the pin states when run kinetis ROM bootloader for KE1xF?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the pin states when run kinetis ROM bootloader for KE1xF?

Jump to solution
jordi_becares
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm working with kinetis ROM bootloader, and I want to set the pins to defined state when bootloader is running.

Is it possible?

After reset and enter in Bootloader, what is the pin state? (The default value show in datasheet?)

Thanks for your time and support

Regards

Jordi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jordi_becares
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

ok, so as a summary:

When enter in ROM bootloader (from API or from reset) all pins change to default value excepts the used pins for bootloader. Those pins related with peripheral set via BCA, will be configured as show in 23.1.1.

Is it correct?

Thanks

Jordi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jordi,

1. After system reset, the hardware will read FOPT first. If you can't accept ROM bootloader pin config, you can disable ROM bootloader and use flash base bootloader.

2. ROM bootloader will check BCA. You can disable any of the peripherals in BCA. If the peripherals is disabled, ROM bootloader will not set that pin.

3. You can't let ROM bootloader set pins to the state you want.

4. If the pins is not used by ROM bootloader, it will keep in default state. Please see chapter 34.2.1.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
jordi_becares
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

thanks for the feedback.

And if I enter to ROM bootloader via API, the bootloader modify the pins? Go to default value? Or maintains the state?

On other hand, ROM bootloader make any change in Watchdog configuration?

Thanks

Regards

Jordi

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can refer to Flash bootloader. It won't reset all the pins. But of course it will change watchdog configuration.  In fact, runBootloader will call a system reset. Please look at the bootloader_user_entry() in bl_user_entry.c

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
jordi_becares
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

I'm using ROM bootloader, I don't have access to any source.

I checked document " Kinetis Bootloader v1.2.0 Reference Manual" and it doesn't show any reference about pins or watchdog.

What is the bootloader_user_entry() method? Is it of ROM bootloader?

Regards

Jordi

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

KE18F ROM bootloader is not opened to customer. But you can refer to other kinetis devices flash base bootloader. They are mostly common. 

MCU Bootloader | NXP 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
jordi_becares
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

thanks for your feedback, but I'm using ROM bootloader, and I can not change to another bootloader.

My questions are always about ROM bootloader:

- What is the state of pins when start ROM bootloader?

- When go to bootloader via API, the pins state is changed? Or only change the related with peripherals?

I read the document "KInetis Bootloader v1.2.0 Reference Manual" and "Kinetis KE1xF Sub-Family Reference
Manual", and I didn't find detailed information about pin states in bootloader.

Is there any other documentation?

Regards

Jordi

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can keep using ROM bootloader, or you can skip ROM bootloader and use Flash base bootloader. That's fine.

1. What is the state of pins when start ROM bootloader?

If the pins is not used by ROM bootloader, it will reset to default state. The default state is described in chapter 34.2.1 in RM.

2. When go to bootloader via API, the pins state is changed? Or only change the related with peripherals?

Yes, all the pins are changed to default state. Those pins used by bootloader will be changed to the state in page 565 in RM.

Regards,

Jing

jordi_becares
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

thanks for the feedback.

About question 1, ok. I found the table of pins.

But, about question 2 In page 565 of RM I can't see any reference about pins.

I attached a snapshot of page 565.

Regards

Jordi

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jordi,

Oh, my RM version is really old.

pastedImage_1.png

This is a copy for my version. Please see according page in your RM.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
jordi_becares
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

ok, so as a summary:

When enter in ROM bootloader (from API or from reset) all pins change to default value excepts the used pins for bootloader. Those pins related with peripheral set via BCA, will be configured as show in 23.1.1.

Is it correct?

Thanks

Jordi

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jordi,

Yes.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos