FRDM-KL02Z connect error using OpenSDA-USB Port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL02Z connect error using OpenSDA-USB Port

wushenhui
Contributor I

I was configure IO PTA0 (which is use by the jtag clk pin) as the general io in the main start code, and start debuger. when the process start, i lost connect to the chip. AND never get connect to the chip again.  is there any to NOT run the program in flash when it boot? or is there any way to erase flash without using jtag? or the chip just never enable to reprogram again?   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wu,

Please read Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power, the Kinetis_Recovery_Utility.exe can be used to recory your MCU.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wushenhui
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply. But i can't get the "success" prompt in the recovery utility, after try many times. I monitor the SWD_CLK, it did has the signal when i start the utility, it means the continue send halt is working. but when i power up chip, I got intertwing signal in PTA0(which is generate in my code), immediately. because i configure the io to test just right after the auto generated lowlevel init code.

Is the jtag debug reciver init in the lowlevel init code? if so, that may be i have not chance to overtake the configure PTA0 code.

Is there another reliable way to do the recovery? pull up or down some io, the chip doesn't read the flash, just wait the debug signal.

Is there some trick to mess up the flash data? Like Electrical shock to some io pin? Running error code will cause chip halt.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The Application Version of my FRDM-KL02Z is: 1.18, you can use the attached MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL02Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA.

Application Version.png

It works on at my PC with Win10, you can try it on WinXP or Win7 too.

step1 show Hardware.png

step2 select OpenSDAUSB.png

step3 START try.png

During and following a reset, the SWD pins have their associated input pins configured as:
• SWD_CLK in pulldown (PD)
• SWD_DIO in pullup (PU)

You can try to press SW1 on FRDM-KL02Z when using Kinetis_Recovery_Utility.
If you did not disable NMI_b function through FTFA_FOPT[NMI_DIS], you can also try to connect NMI_b(PTB5 Pin4 J8) to GND.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos