cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blhost/MCUBoot issue

LArmstrong1985
Contributor III

Hi,

I have two different problem with Blhost tool and MCUBoot. The two problems are not related to each other.

1) If I try to load led_demo application with Blhost, loading aborted and not flash

completely the application.

Blhost error.JPG

All works well with KinetisFlashTool instead.

What can it depend on?

2) I tried to change the bootloader uart port from UART0 to UART3. In this case the autobaud not works.

If I removed it and I fixed the UART baudrate all works well. What does the autobaud algorithm do?

It works only with OpenSda chipset?

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

LArmstrong1985
Contributor III

Hi Sabina,

thank you very much. I will try your solution and

let you know if it resolve. It's strange because I didn't have to change anything

with the KinetisFlashTool to make it work.

A question that came to mind when I saw the screenshot you posted:

it's possibile with KinetisFlashTool to program device with CAN?

If yes, it use BusPal like Blhost or is a direct connection?

Thank you in advance

Fabio

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fabio,

It should be used with BusPal, check Chapter 9 for more information on how it functions. Please note that there is not an example made using CAN for the K64, so this has to be implemented by our customers. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

LArmstrong1985
Contributor III

Hello Sabina,

I use the FRDM-K64F demo board.

Regarding the second problem I give you the example that I edited.

In this case I modified the custom port from UART0 to UART3 and to make it work

I removed the autobaud in the function scuart_poll_for_activity.

As I said in the previous post the two problems are not connected because in the first case I used the bootloader

on the default UART0 port without changes.

Thank you in advance!

Fabio

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Favio,

For the first part, I have found the problem. It looks to me that when using the blhost it is not jumping to application. I verified that in fact it was writing the binary correctly by using the execute command in blhost for the address where the application was written. At this point the board began to blink.

So I checked to see if there is BCA implemented in the application and there is not which led me to configuring a timeout in the Kinetis Flash Tool.

pastedImage_1.png

This will overwrite the binary that you are using and provide a timeout. Once this is done it will proceed to the application and begin blinking whether written from the blhost command or the Kinetis Flash tool.

Let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fabio,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please confirm the MCU that you are working with so that I can attempt to reproduce this from my end. 

For the autobaud algorithm description, please refer to section 6.4 of the MCUBoot User Guide.

Hope it helps!

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos