PBL Blockcopy on LS1012

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBL Blockcopy on LS1012

jordanrh
Contributor II

Does LS1012 PBL support the blockcopy command? I see blockcopy supported on LS1088.

If not, is there some other way to copy data from one address to another?

I want to copy data from QSPI to OCRAM. I am aware that QSPI is memory mapped, but I want to copy data to OCRAM.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LS1012a core is same as the LS1088a core - Cortex A53 from ARM. See the LS1012a and the LS1088a Reference Manuals.

Both processors support LDM and STM instructions.

Customers often use DMA for data copying from a peripheral to memory.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jordanrh
Contributor II

I'm talking about PBL. PBL supports a very limited number of commands. The PBL commands supported by LS1012A are described in reference manual section 24.4.3. The block copy command is described in the LS1088A reference manual section 7.2.3. I'm wondering whether it is also supported on LS1012A.

I think I got my answer though. U-Boot can generate a file called u-boot-with-spl-pbl.bin that encodes SPL in PBI format. I.e. each instruction of SPL is encoded as a PBI write-value-to-address command, so that SPL is effectively loaded to memory by PBL. I doubt they would have implemented this feature if blockcopy were supported.

0 Kudos