MCUXpresso replicates -D__MULTICORE_NONE and -D__MULTICORE_MASTER in .cproject file ad infinitum.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso replicates -D__MULTICORE_NONE and -D__MULTICORE_MASTER in .cproject file ad infinitum.

r_strassburg
Contributor I

The MCUXpresso IDE keeps adding -D__MULTICORE_MASTER and -D__MULTICORE_NONE to .cproject file:

@@ -1016,7 +1016,7 @@
<tool id="com.crt.advproject.gas.exe.release.1872929933" name="MCU Assembler" superClass="com.crt.advproject.gas.exe.release">
<option id="com.crt.advproject.gas.thumb.921078428" name="Thumb mode" superClass="com.crt.advproject.gas.thumb" useByScannerDiscovery="false" value="true" valueType="boolean"/>
<option id="com.crt.advproject.gas.arch.649091898" name="Architecture" superClass="com.crt.advproject.gas.arch" useByScannerDiscovery="false" value="com.crt.advproject.gas.target.cm4" valueType="enumerated"/>
- <option id="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt.1381242170" name="Assembler flags" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt" useByScannerDiscovery="false" value="-c -x assembler-with-cpp -D__REDLIB__ -D__MULTICORE_NONE" valueType="string"/>
+ <option id="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt.1381242170" name="Assembler flags" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt" useByScannerDiscovery="false" value="-c -x assembler-with-cpp -D__REDLIB__ -D__MULTICORE_NONE -D__MULTICORE_NONE -D__MULTICORE_NONE" valueType="string"/>
<option id="gnu.both.asm.option.include.paths.1142053181" name="Include paths (-I)" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.include.paths" useByScannerDiscovery="false"/>
<option id="gnu.both.asm.option.warnings.nowarn.2100826557" name="Suppress warnings (-W)" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.warnings.nowarn" useByScannerDiscovery="false"/>
<option id="gnu.both.asm.option.version.713266816" name="Announce version (-v)" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.version" useByScannerDiscovery="false"/>
@@ -1324,7 +1324,7 @@
<tool id="com.crt.advproject.gas.exe.release.1845877874" name="MCU Assembler" superClass="com.crt.advproject.gas.exe.release">
<option id="com.crt.advproject.gas.thumb.1511920781" name="Thumb mode" superClass="com.crt.advproject.gas.thumb" value="true" valueType="boolean"/>
  option id="com.crt.advproject.gas.arch.1308542101" name="Architecture" superClass="com.crt.advproject.gas.arch" value="-mcpu=cortex-m33-nodsp" valueType="enumerated"/>
- <option id="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt.1170199820" name="Assembler flags" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt" useByScannerDiscovery="false" value="-c -x assembler-with-cpp -D__REDLIB__ -D__MULTICORE_MASTER" valueType="string "/>
+ <option id="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt.1170199820" name="Assembler flags" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.flags.crt" useByScannerDiscovery="false" value="-c -x assembler-with-cpp -D__REDLIB__ -D__MULTICORE_MASTER -D__MULTICORE_MASTER -D__MULTICORE_MASTER" valueType="string"/>
<option IS_BUILTIN_EMPTY="false" IS_VALUE_EMPTY="true" id="gnu.both.asm.option.include.paths.2091182739" name="Include paths (-I)" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.include.paths" useByScannerDiscovery="false" valueType="includePath"/>
<option id="gnu.both.asm.option.warnings.nowarn.482912183" name="Suppress warnings (-W)" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.warnings.nowarn" useByScannerDiscovery="false"/>
<option id="gnu.both.asm.option.version.80960214" name="Announce version (-v)" superClass="gnu.both.asm.option.version" useByScannerDiscovery="false"/>

This seems to happen after builds, at least after the first one. This results in the .cproject file showing up in git as having been modified, even though it really hasn't been, and also makes it more difficult to resolve merge conflicts involving the .cproject file. These defines continue to multiply over several commits and checkouts and need to be cleaned out every once in a while.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Could you please let me know which device are you using?

Are you using SDK? 

Regards 

Soledad

0 Kudos

r_strassburg
Contributor I

Soledad,

This is an LPC55S69. We're using the SDK version 2.6.2 for this chip.

Regards,

Roger

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Which project are you using? 

If you are using a Multicore example, there are some considerations you need to check. 

Please check the attached document, page 187. 

I hope this helps, have a nice day!

Regards 

Soledad

0 Kudos

r_strassburg
Contributor I

That didn't help me. I'm not trying to use multicore, just core0 of the m33.

I have several projects, and only one exhibits this behavior. For this project, every time I apply changes to Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings, the string -D__MULTICORE_MASTER gets added twice to the assembly flags.

Also, unlike the other projects, the MCU Linker->Multicore settings show a pulldown menu with only M33SLAVE in it, as opposed to a list of possible slaves that can be selected.

This problem is a pain because it makes merging changes to .cproject more difficult.

The .cproject file is attached.

Thanks.

Roger

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Sorry for my delay. Do you still have issues? Did you test using the sdk 2.6.3?

Regards 

Soledad

0 Kudos