Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS102xA GPIO in U-boot

Jump to solution
mbend
Contributor I

Hello,

I am developing a device using the TQMLS102xA module by TQ. I am currently attempting to change the U-boot code to display some boot process LEDs (to aid in debugging). However, looking at the "arch/arm/include/asm/arch-ls102xa/gpio.h" file, the GPIO functionality has not been implemented for this device.

Why has the GPIO functionality not been implemented in U-boot for the LS102xA?

Is it likely to be implemented and/or can someone point me in the direction of some guidance on how I can implement this myself?

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
1 Solution
keestrommel
Contributor IV

See attached patch file for a U-Boot LS102xA GPIO implementation.

Updated the patch file because a patched file was missing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
keestrommel
Contributor IV

See attached patch file for a U-Boot LS102xA GPIO implementation.

Updated the patch file because a patched file was missing.

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at u-boot readme about GPIO using on the following page:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=HEAD.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
mbend
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply, however that link does nothing to answer either of the questions.

When the LS102xa support was being added to the U-Boot source, the GPIO support was not implemented (which means the standard U-boot GPIO API will not work). This can be seen by the patch submitted to the u-boot mailing list ([U-Boot] [PATCH 1/2] arm: ls102xa: Add dummy gpio.h to enable CONFIG_OF_CONTROL ). This dummy gpio.h still exists in the most recent snapshot of u-boot (2017.05).

0 Kudos