cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I unbrick a FRDM-LS1012A ?

hanraaijmakers
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Something went wrong while flashing the rootfs in u-boot, now not even u-boot starts.

Is there a way to maybe use the mbed interface to get things alive again?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Uboot should be programmed at offset 0x100000.

Adrian

0 Kudos

emagnioj
Contributor II

Thank you Adrian, now there is the hard coded RCW enabled. For the PBL i'll use offset 0, but for u-boot-qsqp.. is there an offset to assign when i program it with the CW?

Thank you!

Dom

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LS1012a mbed interface hardware can be used as Flash programmer using JTAG connection. Now there is no software for using the LS1012a mbed interface as Flash programmer.

Now mbed interface can be used as Flash programmer for NXP LPC family and Freescale MK family.

See the following page:

https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/cmsis-dap-interface-firmware

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior for ARMv8 supports LS1012FRDM board including Flash Programmer. The problem reported by Han is when RCW is missing from the board. In this case cmsis-dap (mbed interface) is not able to provide RCW override capabilities and a CWTAP must be used.

0 Kudos

emagnioj
Contributor II

I m trying to use CodeWarrior for ARMv8 to Flash the LS1012FRDM with the MBED CMSIS-DAP.

I get this error: "Connect Target:  .... Unexpected results in IDCODE could indicate a wrong target is selected."

The selected target is LS1012A

What's wrong in my configuration?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you provide a ccs verbose log (in ccs console issue: log v) when trying to connect to board?

Adrian

0 Kudos

emagnioj
Contributor II

Hi Adrian, here the log CCS LOG - Pastebin.com 

Thank you!
Dom

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It seems to be a cmsisdap driver issue. Try to reinstall it.

Adrian

0 Kudos

emagnioj
Contributor II

Hi Adrian, solved!!! Mounting R50 it's now possible to connect the Target. The RCW was erased.

Now i can write on the QSPI but which binary file i need to flash to restore the original system with U-BOOT and Kernel for LS1012A-FRDM board?

Thank you!!!
Dom

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can try with attached images. But, if no RCW is on qspi, is not possible to override using cmsisdap.

Adrian

0 Kudos

emagnioj
Contributor II

I uninstalled the driver and Win10 automatically reassigned USB Serial Device when the board has been replugged.

But i have always the same error.

Thank you!
dom

0 Kudos

emagnioj
Contributor II

Do i need a specific driver?  The device is detected as MBED CMSIS-DAP

0 Kudos

emagnioj
Contributor II

sometime i get this log Core not in debug - Pastebin.com 

It seems to go ahead, but at the end there is an error.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Using mbed interface (cmsis-dap) will not help in this case. You have to use CodeWarrior and CodeWarrior TAP fro board recovery.

Adrian

0 Kudos

hanraaijmakers
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tried CodeWarrior Development Studio for QorIO LS series - ARM V8 ISA.

- Is there a document describing the flashing of this board.

- The LS1012 is not one of the processor I can select in the CodeWarrior tool

- tried to use an PE MIcro MulitlinkUniversal

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Take a look at Targeting manual available at CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\PDF\. For adding LS1012 support youi have to update the CW using Help > Install New Software and select ARMv8 Eclipse Update Site.

Adrian

kristofgeerts
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

I am having the same problem as HAN but I have the FRDM-LS1012A dev. board. Shouldn't I be able to use USB interface directly with CW? I want to avoid the unnecessary need to buy an actual CW TAP Device.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kristof 

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If RCW is missing from the board, the only way to recover the board is to use CWTAP. CMSIS-DAP interface doesn't provide access to sap, which is necessary for RCW override.

Adrian

0 Kudos

hanraaijmakers
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Got a CodeWarrior TAP and could flash a new image in the board. It's alive again.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

mattkay
Contributor I

I am a newbie, can you please share a link that explains how to use a CW USBtap to unbrick FRDM-LS1012a

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos