Assistance Required for Flashing U-Boot on Custom LS1012A Board which is based on FRWY-LS1012A

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Assistance Required for Flashing U-Boot on Custom LS1012A Board which is based on FRWY-LS1012A

188 次查看
Dhanyalakshmi
Contributor III

Dear NXP Support Team,

I am working with a custom board based on the LS1012A processor. I have a firmware image(firmware_ls1012afrwy_uboot_qspiboot.img) which is built using the Yocto Project build system which has RCW,U-Boot and other essential images, which is based on the reference design of the FRWY-LS1012A.

Could you please advise on the correct flashing sequence for this custom board? Specifically, I would like to know:

1. Should I initially flash the firmware image directly, or do I need to flash the Reset Configuration Word (RCW) and U-Boot first?

2. For any of this case,could you provide guidance on how to perform these steps correctly? Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hoping for the reply.

Best regards,

Dhanyalakshmi K N

0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数

164 次查看
Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please take a look in chapter "3.2.3 To only install the composite firmware to the target storage drive on a Linux host machine or a reference board" in the LLDPUG.

Layerscape LDP composite firmware consists of RCW/PBL, ATF, Bootloader (U-Boot or UEFI), secure headers, Ethernet MAC/PHY firmware, dtb, kernel and tiny initrd RFS.

0 项奖励
回复

157 次查看
Dhanyalakshmi
Contributor III

Hello,
Thank You for replying,
But the custom board that i'm using is a bare boardwhich means it don't have anything.

But i got a reply from nxp team stating that "i can follow 1st step"

0 项奖励
回复