Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Matrix generated files

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JamesG on Wed Sep 18 06:55:39 MST 2013
Hi All,

I have been playing around with the switch matrix tool; looks pretty cool and certainly saves a lot of work, I have been targeting the LPC810.

My question is around the referenced file in the header LPC8xx.h.  About 2 pages down there is the line  <  #include "system_LPC8xx.h"  > but I cannot find this file anywhere.  In the CMSIS kit there is the file "system_ARMCM0plus.h"  but of course this isn't quite the same thing. 

I would appreciate one of you experts letting me know what silly mistake I'm making.

Cheers
James :)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JamesG on Fri Sep 20 10:09:54 MST 2013
So to summarise so far I am questioning the include line item in the Switch Matrix generated file called "lpc8xx.h", it states

#include "system_LPC8xx.h"    ... and I could not find this file other in the project zip quoted a couple of lines above.

Having got this file and compared it to my version of CMSIS from ARM [CMSIS-SP-00300-r3p2-00rel1] where there is a file "system_ARMCM0plus.h" it looks to be exactly the same in its definitions to "system_LPC8xx.h".
It differs slightly in that in the .....

system_LPC8xx.h version there is the line #include "stdint.h" but in the
system_ARMCM0plus.h version there is no such include.

However, in the header file "lpc8xx.h" the line above #include "system_LPC8xx.h"   is;

#include "core_cm0plus.h" and this includes the "stdint.h"

So unless I'm mistaken it seems to me that instead of using system_LPC8xx.h you can use the standard system_ARMCM0plus.h from CMSIS....

thoughts??
James :quest:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Thu Sep 19 08:52:25 MST 2013
A few posting above:
JamesG> However, it still sounds strange that the source of a 'system...' file is an example project ... wouldn't you think?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Sep 19 08:49:44 MST 2013
It is in the sample code bundle for LPC800:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcxpresso-sample-code-bundle-lpc8xx
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Thu Sep 19 08:32:53 MST 2013
When i have seen correctly there is no CMSIS in LPC810 folder...
( http://www.lpcware.com/node/11538/256 )
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Sep 19 08:29:10 MST 2013
You can download CMSIS for each of the LPC families from the Downloads/Software area.

For example, you can get CMSIS for LPC17xx from:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpc175x6x-cmsis-compliant-standard-peripheral-firmware-driver...

Hope that helps
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JamesG on Thu Sep 19 08:04:43 MST 2013
Hi,

That might explain it, I'm not actually using LPCXpresso as I prefer NetBeans with the GNU ARM toolchain, so haven't installed it.

However, it still sounds strange that the source of a 'system...' file is an example project ... wouldn't you think?

Cheers,
James :quest:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Wed Sep 18 09:09:32 MST 2013
On my LPCXpresso install, system_LPC8xx.h can be found in the CMSIS_CORE_LPC8xx project (supplied as an exampl in LPC8xx_Libraries.zip)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JamesG on Wed Sep 18 07:59:18 MST 2013
Hi Martin,

Yes completely understood, these were the question buzzing around in my mind too!

Hopefully a definitive answer is just around the corner!!

Cheers James :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Wed Sep 18 07:36:44 MST 2013
Hello James,

sorry, i can't tell you, if you shall take the file or not and if it is the right one or way to go.
I only would like to show you, that the file seems to be available,
somewhere inside CMSIS. If this is perhaps an older or newer version of CMSIS, i don't know.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge in this area can give a hint here...

Best regards,

Martin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JamesG on Wed Sep 18 07:24:11 MST 2013
Thank you!

Your right I have found loads of those references, so what your saying is you need to take the system file from the repository directly, I am slightly surprised at this.  I can't believe this is the real reason the Switch Matrix tool doesn't either generate it (as it does for the LPC8xx.h header file) or reference the CMSIS downloadable kit.  So it seems fragmented, is this just the legacy?

Or am I missing something?

Cheers,
James
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Wed Sep 18 07:13:57 MST 2013
Hi James,

googling for missing file is sometimes helpful.
Here is the first hit:
https://github.com/microbuilder/LPC810_CodeBase/tree/master/cmsis

Best regards,

Martin
0 Kudos