BUG: Invalid activation code on LPCXpresso 8.2.2/LinuxMint18.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Invalid activation code on LPCXpresso 8.2.2/LinuxMint18.1

fjrg76
Contributor IV

Hi, I'm getting such an error when trying to activate LPCXpresso on my fresh Linux Mint 18.1 box. The serial number I got everytime is the same as the one I got 6 days before when I installed it in this same hardware, but running LM18. It seems that your serial creator algorithm is only based on hardware and not in other stuff as you've claimed in an older post, so it's assuming that the OS is the same as my previous installation, and of course it's not.

Ther very first time I opened the IDE I got the message "License type: UNACTIVATED ...", and when I try to get a serial number, another message pops out: "This will overwrite your existing registration". Wait a moment!!! Do I already have a serial number? ... Well, after clicking on "Continue" this is what I get in my LM18.1 when asking for a newer serial number (always!):

G5B3-C1JS-A2O3-P3IZ-AQM3-PZFV-EYP2-M1AU-G5DZ-LSEW-NXLX

Then, when the web activation page has been opened I got this message "This Serial Number has already been activated. Please go to My Activations to get your Activation Key." So, in "My activations" tab such a serial number is registered on december, 20th. Whaaaaat? Today is december, 27th! The activation code that was given to me in that date is:

B5EU-MZMQ-C3D1-B3A0-BSG0-HRPR-D1BR-D0C3

Of course it doesn't work in this fresher installation, so as I've said before, your serial algorithm has an error. Besides, Why it's telling me that the newer serial code is going to be overwritten if it's supposed to be the first activation procedure in this machine? How can I get a different serial number on this machine?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First of all note that we don't test on or claim to support Linux Mint. So there is limited assistance that we can provide here.

But if the hardware is the same, then you will get the same serial number + activation code, even when you change OS version. (Early versions of the LPCXpresso IDE for Linux did also use the kernel version, but we dropped that a long time ago.)

But having generated your serial number (making sure that you OK the dialog that generates this), then using the IDE menu

• Help -> Activate -> Activate (Free Edition)

to enter your activation code what issue do you actually then get? Does it display an error at this stage - if so what? Or do you see an error at later point?

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos