もしかして: 

simple SPIFI setup for just reading data

616件の閲覧回数
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dill on Mon Aug 11 13:53:48 MST 2014
Hi,

I used a flashless 1830 running from SPIFI but now I switched to a 1837 with internal flash.
With the 1830 the SPIFI just works, it behaves just like internal flash. I did not set any registers or call any init functions. Seems like there is going on some magic when the 1830 boots from spifi...?
Anyway, now that I'm booting from the internal flash it seems like I have to set up the SPIFI manually. How is this done? I only find help for booting/running code from SPIFI or *writing* to SPIFI (I just want to put a big array there using the prommer and READ it). Any pointers?

Is there any decent info about SPIFI? The chapter in the user manual is just two pages and does not help at all.

Thanks for any help,

Sebatian
ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
3 返答(返信)

563件の閲覧回数
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dill on Tue Aug 12 01:07:00 MST 2014
> You can boot from SPIFI (jumper setting)

I don't want to do this right now, but maybe later. Is this correct:
- pull P2_7 down OR have no valid code in internal flash
- set boot pins to 1 OR set OTP/BOOT_SRC=3.
If I do this the 1837 will behave just like the flashless part does by default?

While looking in the new (thanks!) UM right now, I now found something: 4.3.5.4 SPIFI boot mode:
The config seems to be done while booting
- "Setup Pin Configuration"
- activate Vendor ID specific driver

This is why I do not have to do any config with the flashless part....?

So when NOT booting from SPIFI, I have to use the SPIFI lib and follow the steps in "LPCSPIFILIB library use model", am I right?
Or is there an easier way? Like, just tell the UC to do the setup, but to NOT boot from SPIFI.

thanks for your help.

0 件の賞賛
返信

563件の閲覧回数
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Tue Aug 12 00:40:37 MST 2014

Quote: Dill
The chapter in the user manual is just two pages

In the latest version it has 12 pages.
0 件の賞賛
返信

563件の閲覧回数
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Mon Aug 11 16:49:24 MST 2014
Hi Dill,
When you use LPC1837 you have both options. You can boot from SPIFI (jumper setting) or internal flash. You can mix code between internal flash and external QSPI/DSPI/SPI serial flash. You just need to place code/function in the serial flash.
0 件の賞賛
返信