Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcuxpressoide_packages_support

Jump to solution
cavinlong
Contributor I

Hi, 

Can I know what the purpose of the mcuxpressoidle_packages_support files is?

I know it was an auto-generated workspace files, but can we actually delete it?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cavinlong,

These files cannot be deleted, as they are needed for the proper integration of the installed SDKs with MCUXpresso. If modified or deleted, the IDE will automatically regenerate these files on SDK refresh.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VassiliN
Contributor III

I have a related question. Maybe there is some information about SDK version/git/MCUXpresso in the community, I would appreciate if you can show me the right direction. 

Now the issue I have at hand. 

I just put my source code of the applications being developed with MCUXpresso under the git control. Applications use SDK version (say) 2.15. 

.metadata/ line was added by the MCUXpresso automatically to .gitignore. Fine. 

Now I installed MCUXpresso on the second computer, but the SDK 2.15 is not available on NXP anymore. So installed SDK 2.16 instead. 

Now when I pull the source code from the git, it overwrites the content of .mcuxpressoide_packages_support/ on the second computer. 

When I start MCUXpresso on the second machine,  .mcuxpressoide_packages_support/ is overwritten again. 

I assume I can put .mcuxpressoide_packages_support/ in .gitignore, since each project includes the copies of all the files from SDK anyways. Then I have to be careful if a need to add something from the SDK, I should do it only on the computer where I have original version of the SDK, right? 

However, my question is what is the recommended way to keep the SDK versions synchronized, using git and MCUXpresso?

How I install the previous version of SDK 2.15 on the second machine and force MCUXpresso to use it instead of the later 2.16?

How I migrate my code in git to the next version of SDK when I need it?  

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cavinlong,

These files cannot be deleted, as they are needed for the proper integration of the installed SDKs with MCUXpresso. If modified or deleted, the IDE will automatically regenerate these files on SDK refresh.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos