i2d_nss_example_1 -- Error : undefined reference to 'current native'

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i2d_nss_example_1 -- Error : undefined reference to 'current native'

Jump to solution
Contributor III

I want to measure resistance using NHS3152 ADK, I have connected my resistor between ANA0 and ANA4.

I am trying to run i2d_nss_example_1, however i am getting undefined reference to 'current native' error. How do i fix this? 

Also, is there a way to display the variables in the variable tab of LPCXpresso? for now they wont show up. 

This is the code: 

#include "board.h"

extern volatile int current_native;
extern volatile int current_picoampere;

void i2d_nss_example_1(void)
{
//! [i2d_nss_example_1]
int i2dValue;
int i2dNativeValue;
Chip_IOCON_SetPinConfig(NSS_IOCON, IOCON_ANA0_4, IOCON_FUNC_1); /* Set pin function to analog */
Chip_I2D_Init(NSS_I2D);
Chip_I2D_Setup(NSS_I2D, I2D_SINGLE_SHOT, I2D_SCALER_GAIN_10_1, I2D_CONVERTER_GAIN_HIGH, 100);
Chip_I2D_SetMuxInput(NSS_I2D, I2D_INPUT_ANA0_4);
Chip_I2D_Start(NSS_I2D);
while (!(Chip_I2D_ReadStatus(NSS_I2D) & I2D_STATUS_CONVERSION_DONE)) {
; /* wait */
}
i2dNativeValue = Chip_I2D_GetValue(NSS_I2D);
i2dValue = Chip_I2D_NativeToPicoAmpere(i2dNativeValue, I2D_SCALER_GAIN_10_1, I2D_CONVERTER_GAIN_HIGH, 100);
Chip_I2D_DeInit(NSS_I2D);
//! [i2d_nss_example_1]

current_native = i2dNativeValue;
current_picoampere = i2dValue;
}

int main(void)
{
Board_Init();
i2d_nss_example_1();

}

Tags (3)
1 Solution
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

(See also my explanation on https://community.nxp.com/message/1333472?commentID=1333472). Have a look at the documentation <SDK>/docs/firmware.html > Documentation of the low-level HW block drivers > i2d: Current to Digital converter driver > Example 1 - Single shot conversion with polling. Copy the listed code there to your own project, inside a function in your project.

The error you are receiving now is due to the "C sugar" added to be able to verify the example code: in our test lab, we include this example in a test which does define a variable current_native. There the code links fine. The folder example_snippets with all the files and code is added to the SDK as a convenience to have all example code on one place, which you can find in your IDE and copy as regular code. It is not meant to be used as is; these are not ready-made projects which you can execute instantly. The code snippets are guaranteed to be functional and do something sensible, but are not big enough to warrant a full project overhead for each of them.

KR,
Dries.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

(See also my explanation on https://community.nxp.com/message/1333472?commentID=1333472). Have a look at the documentation <SDK>/docs/firmware.html > Documentation of the low-level HW block drivers > i2d: Current to Digital converter driver > Example 1 - Single shot conversion with polling. Copy the listed code there to your own project, inside a function in your project.

The error you are receiving now is due to the "C sugar" added to be able to verify the example code: in our test lab, we include this example in a test which does define a variable current_native. There the code links fine. The folder example_snippets with all the files and code is added to the SDK as a convenience to have all example code on one place, which you can find in your IDE and copy as regular code. It is not meant to be used as is; these are not ready-made projects which you can execute instantly. The code snippets are guaranteed to be functional and do something sensible, but are not big enough to warrant a full project overhead for each of them.

KR,
Dries.

View solution in original post

NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please help with an screenshot of the problem ?

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos