cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualSerial Device input/output error under Linux

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by remcovdplaats on Wed Jan 16 08:15:28 MST 2013
Hello everybody,

I'm new here and also relative new with LPCXpresso. For a project we have to use the LPC1769 microcontroller to connect as USB device on the AR Drone 2 (running Linux on it). Unfortunately we did not have so much progress.
We are using from the nxpUSBlib the VirtualSerial example. Everything looks fine on Windows (we are able to detect the LPC as COM port and are able to read data from it)
On Linux we get stuck on an input/output error each time we try to open, read or write the device. (The LPC is mounted to ttyACM0)

Does anyone here on this forum get similar problems and may know a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vitah on Mon Apr 15 01:12:49 MST 2013

Hi

mine is 2.6.35-22-generic.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zhanxiaozhang on Sat Apr 06 19:39:53 MST 2013

which linux kernel version are you using?

As I know that 2.6.31 has the ttyACM bug ,if you open /dev/ttyACM0 ,you may get input/output error.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zhanxiaozhang on Sat Apr 06 19:05:03 MST 2013

which linux kernel version you are using?

As I know ,the 2.6.31 has the ttyACM bug,it may cause input/output error when you open ttyACM device.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vitah on Thu Mar 21 01:23:05 MST 2013
Hi,

I've tried on GtkTerm and it works fine. I use Ubuntu 10 running on Virtual Box.
Would you mind tell me what version of nxpUSBLib and the Terminal program you are using?
0 Kudos