Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The usage questions for MCUXpresso Config Tools v14 for USB project

Jump to solution
tks11111
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have some questions about MCUXpresso Config Tools v14.

As we know, we can generate our project using MCUXpresso Config Tools v14, which is easy to use and build for a new project.

However, it becomes annoying if we want to add some customized features for the USB.

For example,

If we generate the project with the HID Generic feature and the VCOM feature, it can construct the project we need correctly.

However, if we add Set/Get Feature Report support in USB_DeviceInterface0HidGenericCallback first and then modify some descriptors for the HID report using MCUXpresso Config Tools v14, the tool will overwrite the code I added for Set/Get Feature Report support and generate code with the new HID report descriptors.

I wonder if there is a way to keep the code we modified and add the new setting we want at the same time. Otherwise, we have to modify it ourselves by comparing the new file and the bak file.

Thanks.

BR,

Peter 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tks11111,

I understand the frustration, but I'm afraid that as per the current version of ConfigTools, there is no way for it to "ignore" specific parts of the changes that will be modified using ConfigTools. The tool can only modify the complete file, which means that it will override manual changes that were done to the relevant codes.

This is why once a file was changed with ConfigTools, a message is also added on the top of all of the modified files stating:

"This file was generated by the MCUXpresso Config Tools. Any manual edits made to this file will be overwritten if the respective MCUXpresso Config Tools is used to update this file."

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tks11111
Contributor II

Hi Edwin,

I have a quick question about the proper place to handle the USB HID transfer if I want to prevent the new USB feature I implemented from being overwritten by the tool.

As we may know, for Set/Get Feature Report, the tool might overwrite the feature we implemented if we modify the code in USB_DeviceInterface0HidGenericCallback. So, I wonder if we can modify the code in the USB_DEVICE_HID_REQUEST_SET_REPORT case and the USB_DEVICE_HID_REQUEST_GET_REPORT case in USB_DeviceHidEvent?

BR,

Peter

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tks11111,

I understand the frustration, but I'm afraid that as per the current version of ConfigTools, there is no way for it to "ignore" specific parts of the changes that will be modified using ConfigTools. The tool can only modify the complete file, which means that it will override manual changes that were done to the relevant codes.

This is why once a file was changed with ConfigTools, a message is also added on the top of all of the modified files stating:

"This file was generated by the MCUXpresso Config Tools. Any manual edits made to this file will be overwritten if the respective MCUXpresso Config Tools is used to update this file."

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos