cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring buffer functions on LPC51U68

carlosmedeiros
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm worlking with LPC51U68 and I would like to know if there are ring_buffer scripts to use with USART. I already seen that for LPC11Uxx there is a ring_buffer.c and that the uart_11xx.c also has functions as Chip_UART_SendRB() and Chip_UART_ReadRB() the manipulate this buffers.

Is there any of this functions available for LPC51U68 , or do I have to created myself based on the general ring_buffer.c script and USART functions?

Thank you,

Carlos Medeiros

Tags (1)
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Carlos,

ring_buffer.c  commonly exists in LPCOpen package. LPC51U68 is NXP new launched product (Lunch date: Jun 2018) which is supported by MCUXpresso SDK only. LPCOpen only support legacy product. There is no plan to support LPC51U68 in LPCOpen.

I suggest you refer MCUXpresso SDK demo code:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

There is interrupt_rb_transfer demo project included inside. it shows how to use uart driver in interrupt way with RX ring buffer enabled.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------