cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC824 I2C Master Lockup

daniel2
Contributor I

Hello,

I having a similar issue to the threads below but I am not not sure that the posted responses fit my case. I have an I2C0 master only (no slave enabled on this port), configured at 100 kHz. I am using LPCXpresso and the LPCOpen package for the LPC824 eval board, using the board and chip project within the LPCOpen packcage. I have been using the I2C0 peripheral successfully for 6 months communicating to the only slave on the bus a PAC1710 voltage and current monitor. The LPC MCU and the PAC1710 slave chip are both on the same PCB with pull-ups of around 2kohm. Very short wiring less than 0.5cm. I have been compiling my project in debug mode until now. The problem is that when I compile in release mode (redlib no host libraries) or when I put back to back I2C transaction too close together in time (< 1uS) I get a lockup in the master xfer code, the STAT register never goes back to pending after a MST_START. I never get out of the initial while loop. I will take some scopeshots and post them. But does anybody have any initial thoughts on this?

I have heard very similar problems on this forum but none of the answers were quite right. For example, in my case, power supply is stable long before transactions begin. 

Re: I²C malfunction/freezing? | NXP Community 

I&sup2;C malfunction/freezing of lpc824 I&a... | NXP Community 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel Brown,

So, now when you build your project in the debugger mode, the same hardware board, no problems happens, but release version have problems, is it correct?

If it yes, I think it is relate to the release optimization, not the hardware problem. You can cut down the optimization level then try it again.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos