取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Programmer needed for a LPC1798FBD100

909 次查看
markandcandying
Contributor I

Hello everyone!  I am a complete newbie to the LPC system architecture so I need help understanding what programmer I need to upload firmware to a LPC1798FBD100.  I have a JTAG connection that is part of the board circuit and the MCU has been soldered to the pads.  Any help from the community would be much appreciated.  Let me know if you need more information.  The LPC is supporting a 3D Printer Control Board

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
3 回复数

717 次查看
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

The programming options you will have will depend on what signals have been made available on your board and what tools you have, but first can I ask: are you trying to develop/debug software yourself or just download some firmware you got from somewhere else?

BTW I think you meant LPC1768 (there is no LPC1798)

Regards,

Brendon

0 项奖励
回复

717 次查看
markandcandying
Contributor I

Thanks for reply Brendon! I am trying to download firmware. The LPC chip

was replaced due to a short-circuit on an analog GPIO. After replacement I

do have some activity on the LED indicators for the Smoothie control

board. The LEDs are flashing in a sequence so logically speaking I think I

have "life" in the circuits again. Also this is my first-ever MCU

replacement so regardless of what happens I am treating this as a learning

experience. The pin labels available on the board lead me to believe I

need a jtag programmer. I can provide a picture if needed.

Correct the chip is a LPC1768!

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 10:54 AM, brendonslade <

0 项奖励
回复

717 次查看
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can download firmware over JTAG using an LPC-Link2 or JTAG probe from SEGGER, ARM (Keil), PE Micro or other debug probe vendors. If your board is set up for it, you can also put the board into ISP boot mode in which the chip will boot over one of its UARTs, then program it using the free Flash Magic tool. However, I just Googled the Smoothie board (as I didnt know it) and the web site says it supports drag and drop programming. This means the design is setup such that the LPC1768 will appear as a USB device when you connect it to a host computer. That being the case, you don't need any JTAG programmer, all you need to do is connect to a host computer and the board will appear as a USB device onto which you can drag and drop code. Looks tome that its all explained here:

Flashing Smoothie Firmware - Smoothie Project

Smoothieboard - Smoothie Project

As this isn't an NXP board I'm afraid you'll need to contact the Smoothie makers and/or that community for more information.

0 项奖励
回复