OM13089 USB connector J7 not functional

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM13089 USB connector J7 not functional

billcarpenter
Contributor I

I am using the LPC54114 SDK and the example code needs J7 to set up a serial terminal. When I do the demo board no longer will program the flash. It gives a Link2 error.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bill Carpenter

I just tested LPCXpresso5411x with J7 connect the board, Jlink interface works well. I can download/debug code via its interface without problem.

1. first please check if the jumper setting is correct. This is my setting. see attached picture.

2. in order to test, create a new project in A NEW workpace with wizard, test if the jlink connection can work.

3. if still fails, please update the firmware, you need connect J5 while updating. see steps below, I extract them from Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK.pdf under SDK package:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dwagner1
Contributor I

Hi Jun, 

I work together with Bill Carpenter and am experiencing the same issues with the LPC54114. I am trying to follow the hello_world readme. "Hello world" is printed to the console when I just plug in J5. However, when I plug in both J5 and J7 I receive the attached error message (See image). Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks,error.PNG

Dylan

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When use MCUXpresso IDE connect board via J7, you can't plug in J5.

Plug-in J5 is only needed when use LPCScript update firmware.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang.

0 Kudos

dwagner1
Contributor I

Hi Jun, 

I still receive the same error message when I go to debug using J7. When I try to update the firmware using LPCScript and plug in J5 I receive the attached error message.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Three points you need to check when update the firmware:

1. make sure J5 connect. refer jumper setting of my side:

pastedImage_271.png

2. check device manger, if  LPCDevice is detected:

pastedImage_272.png

3. Refer attached video to update firmware. if your board is not damaged, it should work well.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos