cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to get BSP for LPC54628

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi All,

We have started to work on LPC54628 chip for few of our products and need help or support from your side to get BSP for that.

We have also checked MCUxpresso and found that BSP can be generated from that as well by configuring and selecting required components as per project requirement.

But, can we have direct link to download full BSP for this?

It will be good if you provide any suggestions from your side.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang,

Let me give few more details regarding MCUXpresso LPC54628 BSP usage as per our requirement.

We (SLS) are developing one generic SDK which is right now used into our internal and few external projects as part of IoT products and have used ESP32 and NUC472 Targets as of now.

Now, We are targeting to use LPC54628 as per our requirement in which we need bare BSP package with drivers, freeRTOS and other required third party components like LWIP etc. We have checked and followed steps to download MCUXpresso LPC54628 BSP as per our project requirement without any failure.

But, We also need to think and aware regarding licensing terms which should not be violated when any third party developer will use our SDK to use LPC54628 for their application development purpose. Also, We will not provide your BSP directly into our SDK but application developer will download by himself and will use into our SDK as per his requirement.

Please find below Licensing Details which we received while downloading LPC54628 BSP SDK.

MCUXpresso Software Development Kit (SDK)
Release Version: 2.5.0
Package License: LA_OPT_NXP_Software_License.htm - Production Use, Section 2.3 applies
KSDK Peripheral Driver

Description: Peripheral drivers are designed for the most common use cases identified for the underlying hardware block.
    Author: Freescale
    Version: 2.x.x
    License: Open Source - BSD-3-Clause
    Format: source code
    name: KSDK Peripheral Driver

lwIP TCP/IP Stack

Author: Swedish Institute of Computer Science
    Description: A light-weight TCP/IP stack
    name: lwIP TCP/IP Stack
    URL: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip
    version: 2.0.3

USB

version: 2.1.0
    Description: Freescale USB stack. This is a version of the USB stack that has been integrated with the MCUXpresso SDK.
    name: USB

FatFs

Approved Open Source License: Yes
    Author: Electronic Lives Mfg. by ChaN of Ageo city, Japan (hobbyist)
    Description: FatFs is a generic FAT file system module for small embedded systems.
    License: Open Source - FatFs License, middleware/fatfs/doc/en/appnote.html
    name: FatFs
    URL: http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html
    version: 0.13b

KSDK CMSIS Peripheral Drivers

version: 2.x.x
    Description: CMSIS Peripheral drivers are designed to provide hardware independent APIs which make application reusable across a wide range of supported microcontroller devices.
    name: KSDK CMSIS Peripheral Drivers
    License: Open Source - Apache 2.0 & BSD-3-Clause

CMSIS Core header files

Author: ARM
    parentversion: 5.1.1
    URL: https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5/releases/tag/5.3.0
    name: CMSIS Core header files
    License: Apache License 2.0, See CMSIS/LICENSE.txt
    version: 5.1.1 (CMSIS Download 5.3.0)
    Description: Industry-standard header files distributes by ARM for cortex-M cores

You can also visit our website Nebulae to get more details about our ECO System.

Would you please check from your side and confirm that is there any violation will be occurred when our third party application user will download your MCUXpresso LPC54628 SDK and use it into their product? We are also planning to use same MCUXpresso LPC54628 SDK into few of our internal products.

Let me know if you need any more details from my side regarding that.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang,

Are you looking for this as per last updates provided? Let me know if need any more details regarding that from my side.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh,

I think I know your meaning, you want includes the SDK to use LPC54628 of NXP into your generic SDK,

customer directly use your generic SDK to development. Sorry I'm not very clear with the legal question,

could you please submit a question to  Support Requests at:

https://nxpcommunity.force.com/community/CommunityNXPCreateCaseWizard     

There will be related support expert help you .

Have a great day,
TIC

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang,

Thanks for your prompt response regarding same.\

I have created case for that and below is link for that. Let me know if I have missed anything to provide any more details for same.

https://nxpcommunity.force.com/community/CommunityNXPCaseDetail?caseId=5002p000024gWxeAAE 

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh Prajapati,

Your case is OK , the related supports expert have assigned it , you will get feedback in 48 hours.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh Prajapati,

How about MCUXpresso SDK ? It includes development drivers and demos:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder   

pastedImage_4.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang,

Thanks for your quick response regarding same.

We have downloaded provided SDK from our end and we have few queries related to that.

• Is there any way to directly download SDK without accepting SDK agreement? or we need to follow process to agree terms and conditions ?
  • We have checked that there is no any RTOS related files which other BSP developers are providing into BSP folder. would you please check from your end?

Still, We are checking and validating downloaded SDK more from our side and will send few more questions if any.

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh Prajapati,

1)  Dowload SDK is simple, just input your board name or processor name, select IDE,

add middleware, operating systems, and software libraries to your SDK, then can download.

About detail steps you can refer the below thread:

Generating a downloadable MCUXpresso SDK v.2 package 

What do you mean about "SDK agreement" ?

2) "We have checked that there is no any RTOS "

->Now it support FreeRTOS , when download SDK package, you can choose it :

pastedImage_4.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang,

So, There is no any other way to get direct link to download BSP as we need to select components as per requirement and it will be generated according to that.

We will check your suggestion from our side and will contact to you further if any query for that

Regards,

Ritesh Prajapati

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh Prajapati,

Sorry I'm afraid I don't very clearly know the meaning of your this word

" There is no any other way to get direct link to download BSP as we need to select components as per requirement and it will be generated according to that."

could you please tell me more detail about the “BSP”,the "select component ? Or take an example to me, thanks.

BR

Alice

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang,

Let me clear our requirement in details which I have mentioned earlier as well.

We are preparing one generic SDK for IoT users or developers in which we are adding multiple targets like NUC472, LPC54628 etc as per requirements from users. We are also taking care from licensing terms to clone and use it by thrid party users or developers.

So, We have did into NUC472 Target in which we are just downloading BSP from link provided by BSP provider while cloning and compiling SDK with application example.

Now, I am trying make same approach for LPC54628 target in which I assumed that I can get direct link of BSP from BSP Providers. So, I need to provide those steps to our users to select components which are required and generate SDK according to that.

Let me know if you have any query for that

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh,

LPC54628 only support MCUXpresso SDK , and the below link is download address:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder

Because the SDK supports many LPC and Kinetis products, so we need input some options

to choose our need chip or board.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

ritesh_prajapat
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang,

Let me check that way with my team and get back to you if any query regarding same.

0 Kudos