cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mbed NXP LPC1768 microcontroller

nickccc
Contributor I

Hello

I have recently acquired one of these. I haven't had much luck getting things to work with mbed compilers and it was suggested in another for forum to 'revert back' to MCUXpresso.  Before I head in that direction just thought I would message here to get thoughts on that?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pablo_Ramos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @nickccc,
Before you change the IDE, I recommend you check the documentation that mbed have about the MBED LPC1768 where you can find example codes, latest firmware and related question about the microcontroller.

mbed LPC1768 | Mbed

Hope it helps you!

0 Kudos

Bela1
Contributor III

Hi Pablo,

may I also have a question?

I also have an LPC1768 at home, it is on an LPCXpresso board from Embedded Artists.

A few years ago I could use it, that times I had LPCXpresso on my Linux machine.

Time has spent since then. Nowadays I tried this board again, only for hobby purposes. Like @nickccc, I was also unable to bring it to work. It seems, MCUXpresso doesn't support the programmer (LPCLink?) anymore.

I was also unable to manage the installation of an old LPCXpresso on my Linux Mint machine.

This is not a critical issue. I know, that LPC1768 is at the end of its life. I just tried to play a little with this board, and just would like to be sure:

Is it not useful anymore, or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos

Pablo_Ramos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Bela1,
You can try an example of the LPC1768 in order to see if it's a configuration issue.

You can export and LPC Open example in MCUXpresso following the next steps:

Pablo_Ramos_0-1720715553070.png

Pablo_Ramos_1-1720715561022.png

Pablo_Ramos_5-1720715842497.png

Inside this folder you just need to search for your LPC.

Also, there will be two examples named lpc_chip and lpc_board, these two projects are needed in order to build any project, just make sure there are open in the same workspace as the example you want to build

Pablo_Ramos_3-1720715582478.png

You can also use the build all button in order to build the three projects at once.

Pablo_Ramos_4-1720715601462.png

Hope it helps you!

0 Kudos