cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S16 SPI Communication issue

Jump to solution
jmorel
Contributor II

hello i've modified the library to use the spi with gpio pins but im unable to get communication. after probing the bus i noticed that the Mosi line idles lows and our select Is triggering before the Mosi rises to begin transmission.

jmorel_0-1710529526921.png

is there a way to set the Mosi to idle high instead of low or is there a flag that is set to tell me when the transmission is going to begin i.e. once the Mosi exits idle.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that the SPI is in master mode, in the case, the MOSI, /CS and SCK are output signals. while the /CS(chip select) is high, I suppose that the MOSI is float, because there is not data transfer during the time, it does matter whether the MOSI is high or low. When the /CS is low, the MOSI pin is driven by master, it represents the data with the SCK.

If you want the MOSI signal is high when the /CS is high, I suppose you can try to connect a 10K ohm pull-up resistor on the MOSI pin, pls have a try.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that the SPI is in master mode, in the case, the MOSI, /CS and SCK are output signals. while the /CS(chip select) is high, I suppose that the MOSI is float, because there is not data transfer during the time, it does matter whether the MOSI is high or low. When the /CS is low, the MOSI pin is driven by master, it represents the data with the SCK.

If you want the MOSI signal is high when the /CS is high, I suppose you can try to connect a 10K ohm pull-up resistor on the MOSI pin, pls have a try.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos